Reset Avg Mpg Between Fillups

My 99 RX allowed me to reset the avg MPG anytime, not just an auto system when refilling fuel

Has a :( nyone figured out how to override so that the avg MPG can be reset anytime, such as driving down the :o freeway when you would like to see pure hwy MPG?

My 99 RX allowed me to reset the avg MPG anytime, not just an auto system when refilling fuel

Has a :( nyone figured out how to override so that the avg MPG can be reset anytime, such as driving down the :o freeway when you would like to see pure hwy MPG?

Average? Not that I know of, but you can certainly see the instantaneous mileage by flipping through the settings by hitting the Info button. I believe the average fuel mileage reset has to do with adding a certain amount of fuel to the tank, not sure. Apparently things have been dumbed down in many ways with the RX350, based on other threads on other topics. ("I'm sorry, I don't believe you need to know that. Now go away and let me feed you what I think you need to know.")

I asked the same question when my 08 RX was new. The overall average resets at a fill-up as you already know.

CanTex is correct that flipping through the INFO screen will bring up the instantaneous MPG readings. Try stomping on the accelerator or letting off on the throttle to see the change. It does take some time to update.

Another alternative is to fill-up before doing the type of driving you want to monitor over time. Fill up at a gas station next to the freeway on a trip and fill up after leaving the freeway. The same for in town driving. However, the instantaneous reading will probably give as good an idea as that method within a few tenths.

There doesn't seem to be any info on how much gas it takes to reset the average mpg so if you find out by experimenting let us all know.

• 12 years later...

I own a 2006 RX330. I recently had to change the battery and among the affected interior electronics that needed resetting was my information panel. Most of it came back properly but my fuel mileage/driving range went whacky.
I couldn't recall the number prior to the battery dying, but I knew it was way off and had no relationship to the amount of fuel in the tank. I've tried to reset but can't find anyway to do this. I've been unable to find
any directions for this online--or in the owner's manual. Suggestions are welcome.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:00 AM, Marjorie M. said:

I own a 2006 RX330. I recently had to change the battery and among the affected interior electronics that needed resetting was my information panel. Most of it came back properly but my fuel mileage/driving range went whacky.
I couldn't recall the number prior to the battery dying, but I knew it was way off and had no relationship to the amount of fuel in the tank. I've tried to reset but can't find anyway to do this. I've been unable to find
any directions for this online--or in the owner's manual. Suggestions are welcome.

It sounds like it needs to take an average over a time period and will eventually settle down and display the correct information once it has taken driving styles and conditions into account