Please Help Me Locate The Low Pressure A/c Service Port

lexdud

I have tried hard to locate the low-side (suction service port for recharging the A/C system on my 1993 SC400. I have an electronic Repair Manual with only one very small picture which shows it on the A/C compressor. The high-side port is so easy to find as it is right there sticking up by the radiator.

Can someone with a good service manual help me confirm if this is, in fact the low-side (suction) port schrader valve and let me know. I have attached the page (AC-15) from the manual.

Thanks ...

AC_15.pdf

I have tried hard to locate the low-side (suction service port for recharging the A/C system on my 1993 SC400. I have an electronic Repair Manual with only one very small picture which shows it on the A/C compressor. The high-side port is so easy to find as it is right there sticking up by the radiator.

Can someone with a good service manual help me confirm if this is, in fact the low-side (suction) port schrader valve and let me know. I have attached the page (AC-15) from the manual.

Thanks ...

Yep. The "stop valve" is a schrader-type valve. It is very close to the a/c compressor and has a black plastic dust cover screwed it place. If is has been converted from r12, the color code may be different, blue, etc. I remember it being a little tight in there and you have to watch out for a wire connection.

Good luck.

Thanks ...

Yep. The "stop valve" is a schrader-type valve. It is very close to the a/c compressor and has a black plastic dust cover screwed it place. If is has been converted from r12, the color code may be different, blue, etc. I remember it being a little tight in there and you have to watch out for a wire connection.

Good luck.

Thanks Dave, that's the confirmation I needed ... and it came only an hour after I posted this thread!

What service ...

You said: "It is very close to the a/c compressor ...", actually, it is located on the top of the compressor and yes, the schrader has a black plastic cap. I just wanted to make sure ...

Thanks again ...