Radiator Flex Hose

I have a '94 gs300 and i just recently had the water pump replaced. today i was driving and it started to overheat. when i checked under the hood i noticed that the top hose from the radiator was pinched in like pressure was being suck out of it. would that be just a bad hose or is there something else that could be causing that? Please help me.

I have a '94 gs300 and i just recently had the water pump replaced. today i was driving and it started to overheat. when i checked under the hood i noticed that the top hose from the radiator was pinched in like pressure was being suck out of it. would that be just a bad hose or is there something else that could be causing that? Please help me.

One part of the hose did feel kinda soft so i'm going to replace it and see how that works out. thanx for the reply

i recall the lower radiator hoses in cars being the one that needs internal support to prevent it from collapsing... i'm not too sure what the collapsing top hose would mean... unless a waterpump could be installed backwards... which i don't think it can.

I found out that it was still some air in the system after the water pump was replaced. I heard that on some cars it could take a couple of hours just to burp all the air out after a water pump has been replaced, so i have released more air out of the system by running my car with the radiator cap off until it warmed up and some of the antifreeze boiled out. that let me know that air was being released. i topped it off and haven't had the problem again :D Thanx for the reply though. I may need that info in the future.