Where Can One Purchase A Used Iacv 1991 Ls 400?

Carribean Sthomas

where can i purchase a idle sensor for cheap?

As far as I know, the IACV is the Idle Air Control Valve, which is an actuator, not a sensor.

I have not had any problems with the IACV on my '91 LS400, but I have successfully fixed IACV problems on other cars (Honda, Mercedes) just by removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner and Q-tips. It usually just gets clogged up and needs to be cleaned.

Good luck.

Off topic, but....

NAPA is such a rip off joke. It is around here anyways. They are obscenely over priced.

For example. 6 quarts of Mobil1 5W-30 is almost $60 at the local NAPA. When I can go down the road and get the same 6 quarts of oil for just over $30.

You're looking around $500-600 for a new IACV anyways...

Off topic, but....

NAPA is such a rip off joke. It is around here anyways. They are obscenely over priced.

For example. 6 quarts of Mobil1 5W-30 is almost $60 at the local NAPA. When I can go down the road and get the same 6 quarts of oil for just over $30.

You're looking around $500-600 for a new IACV anyways...

LMFAO!!! first of all,no oil but royal purple and redline is sold for 10 dollars a quart, second, oil is a commodity, thirdly that has nothing to do with auto parts and the knowledge of the guys working there compared to kragens,auto zone,pep boys, etc.....and echlin ignition parts are made to oem specs..but it dont matter i could care less where u buy your parts...u think toyota type iv is the only tranny fluid that is made for your car....have a nice day

Just stating the prices of a LOCAL NAPA. Maybe this isn't the case everywhere. But that's how it is around here. NAPA is a joke here. the help sucks and EVERY item in the store is priced so obscenely high. And YES 6 quarts of Mobil1 5W-30 is just under $60.00 BEFORE tax, at the local NAPA here.

I buy my parts from Toyota....... :huh:

Where was tranny fluid mentioned?

Just stating the prices of a LOCAL NAPA. Maybe this isn't the case everywhere. But that's how it is around here. NAPA is a joke here. the help sucks and EVERY item in the store is priced so obscenely high. And YES 6 quarts of Mobil1 5W-30 is just under $60.00 BEFORE tax, at the local NAPA here.

I buy my parts from Toyota....... :huh:

Where was tranny fluid mentioned?

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=53636

geez.....