98 Es300 Sticky Gas Pedal

dckstr

From a stop I get resistance in the gas pedal. A little more pressure and it seems to break free and it goes down about 1/2" before it begins to excellerate.It seems as if something is sticking. I have lubed all cables and linkage and the problem persists. This only occures when driving and only from a dead stop. I have worked the accelerator when the engine is off and can't detect any hitch or stickiness, everything seems to operate smoothly. Could the problem be a cable adjustment or something with the throttle body or plate?

From a stop I get resistance in the gas pedal. A little more pressure and it seems to break free and it goes down about 1/2" before it begins to excellerate.It seems as if something is sticking. I have lubed all cables and linkage and the problem persists. This only occures when driving and only from a dead stop. I have worked the accelerator when the engine is off and can't detect any hitch or stickiness, everything seems to operate smoothly. Could the problem be a cable adjustment or something with the throttle body or plate?

i had the similar problem and it went away after cleaning the throttle body.

Is this a big job or something I can handle myself?

Is this a big job or something I can handle myself?

Problem solved.

I took off the air intake hose and top of the air box, then cleaned the throttle plate and what I could reach of the body with carb cleaner. Big difference, gas pedal is as smooth as silk, just like new. Easy fix. Thanks for the info.