1990 Lexus Ls 250 Front Axle Assembly

Mike Hoop

I meant es 250 sorry!!

The other day while I was driving my car, the passenger side front axle broke at the hub. I see it spin in drive, but it fails to turn the wheel. Can anybody give me instructions or advice about this repair. I am not sure what I am going to see when I pull the wheel off. Will I need the hub or the axle assembly or both? Does anybody have a parts diagram for the hub and brake assembly? Besides the large bolt that will probably be holding the hub on, will I need any special tools to complete the repair? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

It's a safe bet that you will need a rebuilt axle, what can you see spinning? If it is the large nut on the hub, then you will probably need a hub also. A good impact wrench really helps to get the nut off. It is not very hard to replace if you have a little experience, as long can get the nut off. Get a can of penetrating oil, and spray the nut down a few hours before trying to remove.