Navigation Software On The Rx330

ausbj

I bought a 2004 RX330 with Navigation and noticed it has software version 3.1

On the ES330, the software is version 4.0 and offers the ability to enter a telephone number to locate an address.

Has anyone been able to upgrade to version 4.0 on an RX330? I called the dealer and they seemed extremely vague about software versions and informed me it would be $300 to upgrade IF there was an upgrade available.

I also saw someone mention it was free the first time you upgrade, but they said that doesnt apply anymore...

Thanks for any comments on this!

Northern California, U.S.

Also i'm still trying to find out how to get rid of the "I AGREE" screen and enable input to the Navigation system while driving. If you have a passenger, they should be allowed to enter an address while driving instead of having to come to a complete stop.

Thanks!

I thought I had read somewhere that they upgraded the software like every other year and it was in the fall when they did this. I would assume that the ES and RX would use the same software, so if the ES has a version 4.0 then you should be able to get an upgrade for the RX, I know mine is version 3.1 I had read somewhere that $300 was about the price for the upgrade. On the "I agree" and inputting destination info while moving, I have read a lot of posts of people wanting to do the same thing, I've read some posts from people that had ideas that they tried but I have NEVER read a post where anyone was successful. Sorry. I know I would like to be able to disable the "I agree" and have access to all the menus while driving down the road, so if you do find the way to do this please share. Good luck.