Problem: Closing Window, Bluetooth, &

I just purchased 09' IS250. It is a wonderful and beautiful car, however, I am having trouble with some of the functions. I followed and read the owner's manual but it does not seem to work out for me:

1.) I cannot close the windows/moon roof when I press and hold the driver's lock button outside. Anyone know why or what I am doing wrong?

2.) I am unable to transfer telephone numbers from my t-mobile curve to the navigation system. I turned the engine. Connect my Bluetooth. Once I am on "Phone Book Management" screen and I hit TRANSFER then the Group # I want, the system terminates my Bluetooth connection, however, the "Data Transfer" screen pops and it says "Under Transfer...Please transmit Phone Book data from the mobile phone." Is it possible that the system is STILL transferring the telephone numbers eventhough my Bluetooth phone is disconnected?

3.) Lastly, I am unable to sync my garage door opener with the HomeLink. I carefully read the instructions but it still does not connect. Anyone know why? I know my remote is not a Rolling Code system. Please help...

Thank you in advance!!!

I just purchased 09' IS250. It is a wonderful and beautiful car, however, I am having trouble with some of the functions. I followed and read the owner's manual but it does not seem to work out for me:

1.) I cannot close the windows/moon roof when I press and hold the driver's lock button outside. Anyone know why or what I am doing wrong?

2.) I am unable to transfer telephone numbers from my t-mobile curve to the navigation system. I turned the engine. Connect my Bluetooth. Once I am on "Phone Book Management" screen and I hit TRANSFER then the Group # I want, the system terminates my Bluetooth connection, however, the "Data Transfer" screen pops and it says "Under Transfer...Please transmit Phone Book data from the mobile phone." Is it possible that the system is STILL transferring the telephone numbers eventhough my Bluetooth phone is disconnected?

3.) Lastly, I am unable to sync my garage door opener with the HomeLink. I carefully read the instructions but it still does not connect. Anyone know why? I know my remote is not a Rolling Code system. Please help...

Thank you in advance!!!

1--You have it backwards. The windows open when you hold the unlock button on the reomote. You can't close them like that.

2--Not all phones work with the transfer mode. Search around here or Club Lexus, you might find a thread that confirms which phones do that.

3--Many people have had trouble with this. Of course, make sure you are following the instructions in the manual exactly. It's 2 steps. Some find that the instructions on Homelink's website are clearer to follow. I had trouble doing this--until I put a fresh battery in my Genie remote--then it worked immediately. Good luck.

Enjoy your new car!

Here is a link to the main page on the Lexus website regarding Bluetooth for the IS: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories/bluetooth.html

Although the T-Mobile Curve is not listed on the use/pairing web page, here is info for the ATT version which is likely similar unless T-Mobile has defeated some of the features -- not unheard of: http://www3.lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/br....htm?prId=33372

Clicking on the "Quick Guide Pairing Instructions" icon on the above page gets you this: http://www3.lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/br.../393_05Navi.pdf

I suggest you verify that your garage door opener is HomeLink compatible -- many older garage door openers are not. If your garage door opener doesn't have infrared safety sensors, it's probably time to replace the opener. We had to replace our openers when we had our garage doors replaced a few years back to comply with current building codes that require infrared safety sensors. These days, it's probably impossible to find garage door openers that are not HomeLink compatible that do not have the rolling code feature.

Here is a link to the main page on the Lexus website regarding Bluetooth for the IS: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories/bluetooth.html

Although the T-Mobile Curve is not listed on the use/pairing web page, here is info for the ATT version which is likely similar unless T-Mobile has defeated some of the features -- not unheard of: http://www3.lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/br....htm?prId=33372

Clicking on the "Quick Guide Pairing Instructions" icon on the above page gets you this: http://www3.lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/br.../393_05Navi.pdf

I suggest you verify that your garage door opener is HomeLink compatible -- many older garage door openers are not. If your garage door opener doesn't have infrared safety sensors, it's probably time to replace the opener. We had to replace our openers when we had our garage doors replaced a few years back to comply with current building codes that require infrared safety sensors. These days, it's probably impossible to find garage door openers that are not HomeLink compatible that do not have the rolling code feature.

The Home Link *should* be compatible with both rolling code and non-rolling code openers. The Manual has the instructions for both. I had an Acura before my Lexus, and had non-rolling code openers. They were compatible with my Acura--you just didnt need to "learn" the remote first.

The Home Link *should* be compatible with both rolling code and non-rolling code openers. The Manual has the instructions for both. I had an Acura before my Lexus, and had non-rolling code openers. They were compatible with my Acura--you just didnt need to "learn" the remote first.

Lots of older garage door openers are not compatible with HomeLink. Conversion kits are available to make an opener compatible with HomeLink - here is an example: http://www.expressdoors.com/html/homelink_...ersion_kit.html

However, as I said before, if your garage door opener is so old that it does not have infrared safety sensors, replace it NOW -- infrared sensors would have likely saved the family pet of someone we know rather than it getting squashed and killed by a closing garage door. I recently required my elderly parents to get an opener with infrared safety sensors after my father was hit in the head by his closing garage door.

I have found that it is not cost effective to add infrared safety sensors to an existing garage door opener. They are too expensive to buy separately but come as standard with every garage door opener kit.

Garage door openers are an easy DIY project. I must have installed at least ten of them in my lifetime.

Thank you for your help. The Bluetooth link was really helpful. Got it to work. My garage does have infrared safety sensors. Don't know why I cannot sync it with the HomeLink. I will try later again.

Thank you in advance!!!

1--You have it backwards. The windows open when you hold the unlock button on the reomote. You can't close them like that.

2--Not all phones work with the transfer mode. Search around here or Club Lexus, you might find a thread that confirms which phones do that.

3--Many people have had trouble with this. Of course, make sure you are following the instructions in the manual exactly. It's 2 steps. Some find that the instructions on Homelink's website are clearer to follow. I had trouble doing this--until I put a fresh battery in my Genie remote--then it worked immediately. Good luck.

Enjoy your new car!

Thank you for your help. What I was trying to say is that I am unable to locked the windows/moon roof by pressing the lock button on the DOOR of the driver/passenger. Aren't you suppose to hold the lock button and it should close the windows/moon roof? Well it does not work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!!!

Enjoy your new car!

Thank you for your help. What I was trying to say is that I am unable to locked the windows/moon roof by pressing the lock button on the DOOR of the driver/passenger. Aren't you suppose to hold the lock button and it should close the windows/moon roof? Well it does not work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

That is not a feature of the IS. You can OPEN using the remote. If you want to close, you must do it conventionally.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a rolling code garage door opener, follow the instructions for the regular garage door openers and then when that fails, do the instructions for the rolling code types. It took me forever (and reading several posts here) to figure that out.

If you have a rolling code garage door opener, follow the instructions for the regular garage door openers and then when that fails, do the instructions for the rolling code types. It took me forever (and reading several posts here) to figure that out.

Some have found the instructions at the homelink's website to be better