Ride

davisnetworks

So I have owned my Lexus LX450 for over a year now. It has been quite an impressive SUV. Here is the thing...

It has the original factory shocks on it still and I am thinking the ride could be better if they are replaced. The vehicle now has around 157k on it, and I am sure this is past due.

Any ideas ?

Thanks! - David

So I have owned my Lexus LX450 for over a year now. It has been quite an impressive SUV. Here is the thing...

It has the original factory shocks on it still and I am thinking the ride could be better if they are replaced. The vehicle now has around 157k on it, and I am sure this is past due.

Any ideas ?

Thanks! - David

What about the current ride don't you like? Too soft and lacking stability I presume?

If you're wanting to maintain the factory height, a lot of people seem to be happy with Bilsteins. If you want to lift it any, Old Man EMU.

Regards,

Rookie

It just seems like it rides to rough to be a Lexus. I figured since the original shocks was in place from the factory new ones would be a good idea. I don't expect to get the ride of a Lexus LS, but figured it could be better.

It just seems like it rides to rough to be a Lexus. I figured since the original shocks was in place from the factory new ones would be a good idea. I don't expect to get the ride of a Lexus LS, but figured it could be better.

They ride smoother than the Land Cruisers of the same year, but they are always going to ride rougher than... well, pretty much any other lexus ever built because of their live front axle. Just be thankful that both axles are coil sprung! Enjoy your highly capable off road rig, but understand that it's not going to be a smooth rider.

I should add that replacing the shocks after 157,000 miles of being pounded by a 5000lb vehicle should certainly help!

1997 LX 450 owner.