New Member/new Sc400

jcurtis

Hi all,

Just joined your fine club because i've just today become the proud owner of a 1995 sc400. I sell cars online for a living and we just took this lexus in on trade....I paid 600 bucks for this diamond in the rough. It needs paint work but even with 227,xxx miles it runs like a champ and is loaded with all working options....12 disc changer, sunroof, trac control etc.....only issue is the digital display for the climate control is out so I have to play around til i learn where all the proper settings are. A tech in our touch up shop is going to fix the paint for me.....wont be perfect but MUCH better than it is now....he's doing this work for 300 bucks! the drivers seat is pretty rough so im looking for a replacement. This is my winter project, any thoughts or comments are appreciated. I have pics but only in jpeg, i'll put em up on photobucket so I can post the url here

Jon

Hi all,

Just joined your fine club because i've just today become the proud owner of a 1995 sc400. I sell cars online for a living and we just took this lexus in on trade....I paid 600 bucks for this diamond in the rough. It needs paint work but even with 227,xxx miles it runs like a champ and is loaded with all working options....12 disc changer, sunroof, trac control etc.....only issue is the digital display for the climate control is out so I have to play around til i learn where all the proper settings are. A tech in our touch up shop is going to fix the paint for me.....wont be perfect but MUCH better than it is now....he's doing this work for 300 bucks! the drivers seat is pretty rough so im looking for a replacement. This is my winter project, any thoughts or comments are appreciated. I have pics but only in jpeg, i'll put em up on photobucket so I can post the url here

Jon

Great steal at $600.00! The digital display is a common ailment, and may or may not indicate the climate control itself is kaput. When the control is working it is straightforward to operate, so difficulty getting the fan to run, etc. usually means the climate control unit is defective. You can buy one used on eBay or elswhere online but I'd recommend you contact Sammy Wu of Mikado Technology in Gilroy, CA to have yours rebuilt as I did (1995 SC400). A Lexus dealership who uses his services put me onto him and mine now works like a champ. It'll run $200-300 usually, depending on specific issues it may have but that's definitely better than OEM new at $1175.00 or so! Contact Mikado Technology at (408)848-5000 or sammywu@sbcglobal.net. Good luck with your SC400 - great car!

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Jon

Great deal on the car and the paint job. I have a black 95 SC 400. It has the rear spoiler and I had to replace the struts last year, if you don't have the spoiler your struts should hold up for a while longer. If you replace the struts be careful not to strip the head of the bolt and it will come out easier, the bolts have locktite on them so heating first will help. Last year I also had the trasmission pulled and the seals replaced and new fluid installed.

Catfish46