Brake Problems Any Ideas?

GLENS

Hi, wondering if anyone can assist. Have a 2005 GX 52,000 miles. (out of warranty!) A month ago the ABS light, and two other traction light and Brake light came on. (NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS CAME ON)Shut it off and restarted it and the lights went out. A week later all the lights came on and stayed on. Took it to the dealer and they said that my mechanic who installed brakes in June was probably to blame and perhaps he contaminated the brake fluid. Service Advisor said code was for the master cylinder (wasn't more specific than this and I asked if any codes for the wheel sensors appeared and he said no). Anyway, they flushed the lines, new fluid ($250) and cleared the codes. All was well until last Saturday when the lights came on again. Again I turned engine off, restarted and now, a week later no problem. Was the fluid contamination explanation BS? I asked how could a brake job in June now effect the fluid. Any ideas?? Thank you.

I have to ask you did you feel brakes pulsating initially when you applied brakes. Ask the mechanic what was the first job done when you had this warning reported to him,Did he open the bleeders on the calipers when compressing the piston on the plunger to replace the pads or did he force the fluid up to the master cylinder or he might have damaged the seals, if he did the latter and were too harsh about it at the bleeding stage, then there is a possibility of brake fluid contamination.