Gs3000 Headlamps

With my 2006 GS300 AWD on the open road, the high beams did NOT project any further than the low beams. My friend who owns a 2008 Lexus IS250 AWD, was with me and he remarked how low and poor the high beam headlamps were. I have also compared my headlamps with my wife's RAV4 headlamps and there was quite a difference in how far my Lexus GS300 AWD projected and where they should project.

My dealership says that unfortunately they are not able to align the high beam separately from the low beam. They said that Lexus has had similar complaints from other GS owners and the only possible correction is aiming of the entire headlamp which would mean that the low beam would also be higher. They can do this but there are limits as to how high they can go before endangering oncoming traffic.

The low beam are a high intensity discharge system that gives off a very bright white light, and the high beams are a regular halogen bulb which gives off a more yellow light with less power. This will make it look as though the hi beams are not working as well as the low beams, and when I turn on my high beams it automatically turns off the fog lamps.

Is there any solution?

There is a seperate adjustment for high and low beam on the GS350, is it the same in the GS300? Look in the manual.

The service manager at the dealership said "Unfortunately we are not able to align the high beam separately from the low beam"

The service manager at the dealership said "Unfortunately we are not able to align the high beam separately from the low beam"

dude, you need to read pages 587-592 of YOUR owners manual, then bring that manual to that service manager, then tell him you would like to speak to his boss before you take your business to a dealership that knows what they are doing.

steviej

I have been told that Lexus Canada told my dealer that they could not be aligned separately. I have now spoken to the General Manager of the dealership.

Lexus Canada called me but I was NOT impressed with the person from Customer Satisfaction. No empathy to my situation and rather offhand as to the headlamp problem.

The car is going into the dealer tomorrow for them to attempt the necessary adjustment of the high beam.

Fingers crossed, although I am not that optimistic.

dude, you need to read pages 587-592 of YOUR owners manual, then bring that manual to that service manager, then tell him you would like to speak to his boss before you take your business to a dealership that knows what they are doing.

steviej