98 Gs300 Heater Problems

It's snowing in Houston today and 35 degrees. I bought my 1998 GS300 this summer The AC blows cold but didn't think to check the Heat. Looking for advice on what could be wrong: Thermostat, Heater Control Valve, Heater Coil?

Anything would help, looking to fix it myself it's not too much trouble.

Thanks.

John

It's snowing in Houston today and 35 degrees. I bought my 1998 GS300 this summer The AC blows cold but didn't think to check the Heat. Looking for advice on what could be wrong: Thermostat, Heater Control Valve, Heater Coil?

Anything would help, looking to fix it myself it's not too much trouble.

Thanks.

John

sigh......use the search tab and check for synchro motors. im being lazy today and dont feel like searching for them and posting links to them. or look back at my first handful of posts i went through this

What exactly is the problem. You have air coming from the selected vents but it is not hot or you have no air blowing at all?

If the air is moving but is cold, check the level of your antifreeze first. There is a cold level and a hot level mark on the expansion tank where you fill it. Start the car (from a cold condition) and look in the expansion tank. If it looks empty or nearly empty, fill it up to the cold mark. I would use a 50/50 premixed green antifreeze (assuming you have green in your car already).

If the level is ok, let us know and we'll go from there.