Tire Sensors

daly

• 1 month later...

I was told the sensors are a part of the makeup of the actual tires. Therefore, if you detach the tires your car comes with, and attach special snow tires...it may take care of the problem automatically. Have you already tried and can't get the lights to go off? Or are you just assuming this will happen? Hope this helps. No expert by any means, just remembering what they told me when I bought the car.

• 1 year later...

you can't. It's because your oem tires have tire pressure sensors inside, and if your vehicle is not gettin signal from that then your warning light will come up. there's prety much just 3 things u can do..

1. get pressure for ur snows, which can be costly

2. put a black tape over the warning light so u dun see it everyday as it can be annoying

3. just ignore everything (which is what i do)

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

TPM are attached to the valves on the inside of the tire

You CANNOT turn it off

There are basically 2 things you can do:

1. Spend the money to have secondary set of TPM installed in your snow which cost $200+

2. Ignore it! That's what I do.

You shouldn't be relying on machines anyways, I always have my tire pressure checked once a week, summer or winter.

As well whenever I'm home, my car will sense the TPM in summer tires in basement and warning would disappear

Whenever I drove for maybe 20+ minutes, warning will come on again

I just ignore it

• 8 months later...

Well in my opinion i must say that was informed that the receptors are an aspect of the cosmetics of the real wheels. Therefore, if you remove the wheels your car comes with, and connect unique snowfall wheels...it may deal with the issue instantly. Have you already tried and can't get the lighting to go off? . .

baltimore car service | baltimore limousine service | limo service baltimore

• 1 month later...

I am not sure, if the chassis control module will recognize more than 4 tpm sensors. If it does then you can buy extra sensors for your snows. If not then it becomes a service trip to have the electronic brain recognize the new units. You will have to do this every time you change over from summer to winter tires. " Just ignore the light or go with the black tape".