4-snowboards In One Rack?

I recently purchased the Lexus snowboard rack for my RX350 in a rush for the car but will probably get rid of it because it only holds two snowboards.

I'm looking for a snowboard rack that holds four snowboards. I was looking at Thule's:

1. 91726 - Universal PullTop 6 http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept...4&sku=91726

2. 91725 - Universal FlatTop 6 http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept...4&sku=91725

3. 575 - Snowboard Carrier http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=24&sku=575

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what to get? Taking into account which rack is easiest to add/remove as my garage isn't tall enough to fit the rack. What I'm worried about is how the hell anyone can fit four snowboards into a flattop? Thule says it can fit four, but I don't believe it and I can't find any pictures demonstrating this. Also, what's the difference between the pull top and the flat top? And how easy is the 575 to mount/dismount? Etc etc. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I should also add that I know the 575 only holds two snowboards but it looks like you can buy two of those and mount both onto the RX350. I haven't checked yet if there is room but if anyone knows this, let me know.

I've got a similar rack... and to fit 4 boards it depends on the bindings you have on your boards.. meaning... in my case I use a flow binding so that board must be the board on top, as they don't really fold down, my wife on the the other hand uses regular snap n fold bindings, so if I put her board on the bottom facing down, and mine on top, and then something similar on the other side I can take 4...

OR worse case scenario, just remove the bindings of one board, put that on the bottom, and put them back when you get up there, and it'll work forsure. a bit of a hassle tho...

What I will pbly upgrade to is something like the Thule 575 Snowboard Racks http://pics.summitonline.com/23582.jpg. but as you mentioned, that only carries 2 boards, but if you get two of em your set, and you won't face the space limitations of the Thule Flat Top racks...

A buddy of mine has them on his 400h, 2 will fit.

my .02

I'm wondering if some of the racks require stacking two boards face to face to get the advertised capacities.

My Yakima rack is only 22" wide and it could hold at least four pairs of the older low side cut skis if I stacked each pair of skis face to face. There is even room on my Yakima cross bars for two of these 22" wide racks so I guess I could haul a total of eight skis if I added a second rack to the cross bars -- if I hadn't retired from skiing.

Is there room to squish/fold your board bindings to stack boards face to face without scratching the roof of your RX?

I'm not a boarder -- I'm old enough to remember when not a single ski area in Colorado allowed boarders.

Edit: I see bainzey gave you the same answer. He must be able to type faster than me!

You don't stack the boards face to face, but rather bottom to bottom. Two stacks of two and then you have the four boards quoted by the systems.

You usually offset the boards in a stack differently: say top board would have the bindings in the front and middle of the racks, and the bottom board have the bindings in the middle and behind the rack.

Like bainzey said though, you would have to make sure the bindings either folded or were short enough not to hit the roof (the board facing down).

I've had 4 boards fit on the thule flat rack systems, but it was tight fit. If you have a wide board, or if any of your friends do, four boards may not fit.

Thanks guys, I just placed an order for two Thule 575 Snowboard Carriers from Amazon:

Per Unit $107.10

Sub-Total $214.20 (Quantity: 2)

Shipping & Handling $11.16

Total Before Tax $225.36

Estimated Tax $18.84

Grand Total: $244.20

I'm going to attach both to my roof.

Now, I need to sell my Lexus Snowboard Rack and Adapter. Used only once, what a waste of money.

Thanks guys, I just placed an order for two Thule 575 Snowboard Carriers from Amazon:

Per Unit $107.10

Sub-Total $214.20 (Quantity: 2)

Shipping & Handling $11.16

Total Before Tax $225.36

Estimated Tax $18.84

Grand Total: $244.20

I'm going to attach both to my roof.

Now, I need to sell my Lexus Snowboard Rack and Adapter. Used only once, what a waste of money.

Cool. All this rack talk has got me itch'n to hit the slopes :ph34r: Whistler Blackcomb here I come!! :cheers: