Keyless Remote Battery

Assuming you used a CR1616 battery and it is not upside down or dead, it should work.

yes, i am using the right battery...and not upside down. just got it from target, so should be new. does it have to be re-programmed or anything like that?

no reprogramming required... check the contacts for oxidation... was at working at all with the older battery or did it stop working and a new battery didn't fix the issue?

it was working before with the old battery; but i had to press it several times just to get the door open. So i assumed the battery is low; now i just broke it...hahaha

i have the same problem on my GS 300 also...i thought it was the battery as well but when i changed out the battery it was doing the same thing..i think im losing signal or reception...i can be wrong..

did you ever fix the problem? or just went to the dealer and replaced it

i have the same problem on my GS 300 also...i thought it was the battery as well but when i changed out the battery it was doing the same thing..i think im losing signal or reception...i can be wrong..

did you ever fix the problem? or just went to the dealer and replaced it

no i never fixed it...before i was able to unlock/lock my car like 20+ feet away and now its like 5-10 feet...can't be the battery cuz i changed it out...so i dont know whats wrong

The battery is still a possibility. The CR1616 is not a popular battery and sometimes they sit too long on the shelf. They can be weak when you buy them. If you find an Eveready-brand battery and it's marked "Made In Japan," it's likely you're buying a good battery. I've used all kinds and some brands are just cheap junk.

The battery is still a possibility. The CR1616 is not a popular battery and sometimes they sit too long on the shelf. They can be weak when you buy them. If you find an Eveready-brand battery and it's marked "Made In Japan," it's likely you're buying a good battery. I've used all kinds and some brands are just cheap junk.

ok, i will try to get one online! hope it works

• 7 months later...

Plesase programm your remote again

Most remotes can be programmed manually at home without any tools or technical skills.

If you need to just order the instructions please check our website at

http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/programm...structions.html

If you have any more questions or have any specific inquiries about programming your vehicle please contact us at customercare@carandtruckremotes.com including year, make and model of your vehicle.

You can also view our FAQ page for answers to common questions. Link below

http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/faq.html