Running On 4 Cylinders

rekit

93 SC400-139000 miles. Drove it to work, it ran great as usual. After work it cranked fine, but after about 10 minutes I noticed a slight miss. Several minutes later all I had was a 4-banger. Made it home-20 miles-it never got any better or worse. Looking at the manual, it's got 2 ignitors, 2 coils, 2 camshaft sensors. I checked for codes (none) and pulled the coils and have 2 coils coming in the morning. I did check the old ones with my Fluke meter and they both seem within specs, although one is a little different from the other. . I hope that will be it. I also noticed the wires from the Ignitors must have been very hot. The outer wrap (not the insulation, but the dress-up plastic hose) on the wires just crumbled when I jacked with it. The wires seem ok. Can someone check their wire tube and see if it's like mine? It's by the drivers side front top shock mount. They are stacked in the little cover.

post-53353-1228869795_thumb.jpg

post-53353-1228933154_thumb.jpgWhat I'm asking is for someone to check their wires from the pictured ignitor. Mine are kinda crispy, and the black plastic tube cover just crumbled when I squeezed it. But, I don't know if it has been like that, or it just happened when it started missing. It's obviously been hot, but not enough to melt the wire insulation. I'm going now to get the coils and will post the results.

New coils fixed it. Wahoo! After reading some horror stories on here involving throwing $$$$$$ on parts with no results, I was really expecting the worse! I will be keeping my good eye on those igniters though. There has been some heat on that wiring. I'll wrap some good electrical tape on them while I've got the wires all separated, and I'm leaving the plastic cover off for additional cooling for a while. I still need some of you to check your wires so we can figure this out. Thanks.