1st Store Purchased Cd That Displays Title/track Info

Just bought my 1st store CD that displays title/track info. All others recently purchased CDs don't display this info even though there is a placeholder for the info. In case you're curious the CD is Tracy Chapman's lastest release. Does anyone know why some CDs display title/track info and others don't?

Just bought my 1st store CD that displays title/track info. All others recently purchased CDs don't display this info even though there is a placeholder for the info. In case you're curious the CD is Tracy Chapman's lastest release. Does anyone know why some CDs display title/track info and others don't?

There are other posts, mostly on the GX470 forum, about the CD player not displaying track/title info. I contacted Lexus about this, and was told the CD player used the "Gracenote" track/title system. Apparently some CDs have CD Text data on them, but not in the Gracenote format. But here's what I do. First, I usually make CD copies for my cars and keep the originals in my home player. When I burn a CD, I add the Gracenote data info, so that the CD copy displays the info in the GX470. Not all CD burn software and CD burners are compatible with burning track/title info, but new PCs seem to have this capability. I use a burner software "Easy CD-DA Extractor" from www.poikosoft.com that runs on Windows. You can download it and try it for 30 days free, and it costs only $35 to register. I use this software to load MP3 tracks onto SD cards and into my Sansa player. When you rip a CD, the software connects via internet to the Gracenote database and retrieves the title/track/artist data and adds it to the file. When you burn a CD copy, the Gracenote data gets copied too, and the CD copy will provide all this info on the car's display. I usually make CD copies in MP3 format since this audio quality is adequate for automobile listening, and since I can squeeze about 10 CDs onto a single CD in MP3 format. This gives the 6-disk changer an effective 60 disk capacity.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problems with Cd's not displaying title,on my 06 GS300. this is how you fix that. if you have itunes, burn cd using itunes 8, library, at 4x speed checking the box of using text and it should work fine.