Gs 430

A small nick that I incurred in my windshield in 2007 has now grown intoa full blown crack on the passenger side. I want to replace the windshield from a non-dealer vendor but are there any pitfalls to this that anyone has experienced?

Any feedback or insights are appreciated.

Thanks!

Personally, I would always want OEM glass in my car. You know it is a good fit and the glass will have the correct light visors in it....like the black around your rear view mirror. You can go to a non-dealer, but, I would insist on OEM glass.

--Duckman

I have an after market windshield by Pinkerton in my 06 GS. You can't tell the difference. It has the black area around the sensors and the tint is the same as OEM. Unfortuneately in MA, if I want my insurance to pay for the whole thing with no deductable, I have to go with what the glass guy uses. I called my Lexus dealer and asked who they subbed this work out to. They told me, I called them and they did an incredible job. I used them on my 02 ES as well.

Like I said, if done right, you can't tell the difference.

steviej

A small nick that I incurred in my windshield in 2007 has now grown intoa full blown crack on the passenger side. I want to replace the windshield from a non-dealer vendor but are there any pitfalls to this that anyone has experienced?

Any feedback or insights are appreciated.

Thanks!

You really wouldn't notice a difference between OEM and Aftermaket except for how much more content your wallet will feel.