Screen Override Success

0260n5.7

All,

FWIW if any of you are interested, I'll post DIY pics of the dvd speed sensor and hand brake override if you so desire. It allows PASSENGER viewing of dvd and inputting of phone numbers while in motion. I don't have NAV so i can't comment on whether or not it'll work with NAV. Let me know if you would like the DIY guide.

MAC

• 2 weeks later...
All,

FWIW if any of you are interested, I'll post DIY pics of the dvd speed sensor and hand brake override if you so desire. It allows PASSENGER viewing of dvd and inputting of phone numbers while in motion. I don't have NAV so i can't comment on whether or not it'll work with NAV. Let me know if you would like the DIY guide.

MAC

Could you please send/post the DIY guide.

Thanks

All,

MAC

Thanks, MAC, looking forward. I wonder, however, if the instruments are the same as for GX470 (press "audio", then "sound", then press up-left, down-feft, up-left and down-left screen corners and tick "override")?

Do you know how to increase a bluetooth-connected phone communication volume? Again, in GX470 you'd have to push on "info" and turn on/off your parking lights 4-6 times and then jump to a service menu for "bluetooth"?

My friend has LX570 2008 and I wanted to help him fix these...

• 2 weeks later...

bkone & eugene, i'll post when i get a chance. i am not familiar with the instruments are the same for the LX as in the GX as you described but i think there is a volume control when the screen changes when the phone is activated or the volume control for the stereo works with the phone as well. I'll check again.

MAC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
All,

MAC

Just picked up my 570 on Saturday and would love the sequence used to over ride.

• 2 weeks later...
All,

MAC

I'll like to have it

All,

MAC

I'll like to have it

I love to learn how to override the speed sensor, thank you in advance!

All,

I posted the info on another forum and several people WITH NAV tried the override. The override initially worked and then, for some reason, the system malfunctioned. They reverted the wiring back to the way it was and everything was fine. There is a company that makes a module for the override, though. PM me if you want that info because I don't think I can just post the info here unless it is an approved vendor of LOC. If you still want me to post the instructions that worked for me (WITHOUT NAV) I'll do so. Let me know.

MAC

• 3 months later...
All,

I posted the info on another forum and several people WITH NAV tried the override. The override initially worked and then, for some reason, the system malfunctioned. They reverted the wiring back to the way it was and everything was fine. There is a company that makes a module for the override, though. PM me if you want that info because I don't think I can just post the info here unless it is an approved vendor of LOC. If you still want me to post the instructions that worked for me (WITHOUT NAV) I'll do so. Let me know.

MAC

Hi Mac,

please post the instruction that work for you with the pictures if can.

thanks Mac