Pulstar Spark Plugs

killerFatty

Has anyone tryed out the pulstar sparkplugs. I have seen quite a few tests and i am mildly empressed. First hand experience would be nice. I am debating weather or not they are worth $25 each. I also want to run a NGK wire set. I am hoping for mild performance increase and slitly better MPG. Any input is appreictiated.

well if u guys are telling him he is wasting his money then i assume u have tried them in your car or know someone who has? these plugs are supposed to get better milage and produce a little more horsepower, i havent tried them but i work at NAPA and have had customers come in and say they work like they are supposed to....

well if u guys are telling him he is wasting his money then i assume u have tried them in your car or know someone who has? these plugs are supposed to get better milage and produce a little more horsepower, i havent tried them but i work at NAPA and have had customers come in and say they work like they are supposed to....

Yeah, They work in a Detroit boat anchor :lol: Although I have never tried the Pulstar, Lexus cars are VERY sensitive as to what plugs you use. I will say that I have NEVER heard of anyone having problems with OEM plugs. IMHO OEM is the only plug for me. B)

For what it is worth, I have never seen an independent study of the same cars driven exactly the same way in the same conditions over a long term to suggest that hyper-advertised wonder plugs have any benefit whatsoever other than to the bottom line of said spark plug manufacturer.

even if they made a difference, think how much of a substantial difference they would have to make to be WORTH $25/each

$25x8=$200 BEFORE you buy some wires/ignitors/caps/rotors to complete it.

these cars are cruisers, squeezing at most 5-10hp out of a car that weighs ~2tons won't make it a sports car ;)

Hey SK :cheers:

I wasn't hoping that much for mpg, but mainly HP. I would also add a set of Vitek wires. Which reminds me has anyone heard about the Nology Hot wires. Don't worry I don't plan on spending $400 :o for them though. I mainly just want a little more zip, not a full blown (2 ton) sports car.

I haven't changed anything on my Lexus from stock (i.e., I don't know what changes will produce what yield), but if horsepower is your goal, you are much more likely to see improvement from increased air intake and exhaust outflow than from spark plugs. If you are really serious about horsepower gains, you can supercharge. No disrespect, but looking for horsepower gains from spark plugs is a huge joke in my opinion.

i was reffering to AZ MIKE'S reply....dont need ur smartass remarks, took more effort for u to not answer the question than it would have if u did

No smarts intended, Use of the "QUOTE" feature when posting would have made your post clear. ;)

So I take it no one has actually used these plugs... or at least know of anyone that used these plugs?

I'm just trying to keep the thread from going too far off on a tangent...

I think thats a no, but what AZmike said makes great sense. I was planing on doing my own version of Jchromes exhaust this comming summer. BTW does anyone know of a place to get a supercharger kit for the LS(sorry to be off topic).

:D My first red HOT Topic :D :D