Yokohama Geolander Vs. Michelin Cts

guugoo

hi...i have a RX300(2000) and am planning to change the tires soon. I did some research and came down to these 2 tires. I have read quite a few "thumbs up" reviews for Michelin CTs but was wondering if anyone did try out the Yokohama's. Thanks in advance.

I have a 1999 RX300 2wd that I purchased used this past summer for my wife. The Goodyear Infinity's were in good shape but the first snow they may as well have been bald. What a piece of @#$%^. I just replaced them with Geolanders this week, they look to be a great tire (stiffer sidewall than the Goodyears and about 1" wider tread) I will be going out of town this weekend about 500 miles. I'll give you an update Monday

Marty

99 Rx300 89k

95 525IT

smilieJust got back this afternoon from Pa. The drive in on New Years day was great, dry and sunny the Geolanders where very quiet and solid on the highway (I was thinking that with the more aggressive tread pattern that they would be noisy). On the back roads they where very predictable and surefooted. The weekend brought allot of rain that the Goodyear's would have for sure drowned in, I was glad that I had the Geolander's. The 3-hour drive back today was rain / freezing rain / sleet and snow for the last hour on the Ohio Turnpike, I was foolish to not have changed to these in the fall. Great tires for the RX. I feel much better having my wife and family on these instead of the Goodyears.

I have 95 BMW 525 wagon that I run Michelin Pilot Hx Mxm4's on in the summer, and Pirelli P210 Winter Ice's on the winter (it drives like on rails in the snow Never had a problem)

I don't think that you would the same mileage out of the Geolanders as compared to Michelin, but I think the ride and traction would be better on the Geolander's for $$$ less.

I hope this helps

Marty B) http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare2.jsp...SR6GEOHTSOWL_=4