Motor/transmission Mounts

I started feeling a rumbling vibration when accelerating (every so often), and have come to the conclusion I probably need new transmission and motor mounts. This vibration just started, and I'm 100% positive the previous (lazy) owner didn't ever think to change any of the mounts. The car has 158K, and I'm wondering if changing the mounts is a DIY (Do it yourself) job, or does it require advanced mechanical skills? Does anyone have a link or tutorial about this job? Any information would help, including any other thoughts about what this weird vibration could actually be. Thanks in advance.

i too would also like to know so somebody please post a response

You can do it yourself....the trans mount is easy....takes a few minutes...the motor mounts are harder to get to....you need to jack to motor up off of the mounts...you also need a certain kind of wrench ( I can't remember the name)...do a search and you will find all the info you need....it will make a WORLD of difference in how the car rides.....if the car has 158K the mounts should be changed...not sure if it will solve you particular problem but it is a relatively cheap and easy fix.....and a common problem with these cars....not really a problem just a maintenance issue....

good luck....

• 2 years later...