Toyota Sienna Power Door Lock Help - With A Bonus

There is a bonus here if you read what follows.

My wife's 2000 Sienna Van power door lock master switch will only unlock the doors. It will not lock them - that must be done manually for alll 4 doors and the tailgate. I checked the fuses and the wires to the best of my ability and found nothing. I replaced the master switch and after plugging it in the problem was not solved. I then purchased a door lock actuator and installed it last night (BTW not to bad of a job if it is done slowly and methodically), and still the problem exists.

I found the relays but do not know how to check them. Does anybody have a thought as to what this is and how to fix? What shoud I look at and how can I fix?

BONUS:

I am refurbing the suspension on my 98 GS4 (shocks, tie rod ends, ball joints, bushings from TM Engineering) and I hope to post the how to on this site with pix. I would really like to resolve the wife's van issue so that I can continue with the refurb :D

I am doing all the work in my garage without power tools so it will be a normal tool process posted (with the exception of a machine shop that pressed out the old bushings).

Please Help me figure out the power door lock enigma.

Slate