Heated Seats

Does anyone have any idea why one seat would heat and the other one will not ? I checked the fuse and one fuse controls both seats. The fuse is fine. I have no idea how heated seats work and therefore I have no idea where to begin looking. The drivers seat is the one that will not heat up, the passenger seat works fine.

Thanks,

Michael

Does anyone have any idea why one seat would heat and the other one will not ? I checked the fuse and one fuse controls both seats. The fuse is fine. I have no idea how heated seats work and therefore I have no idea where to begin looking. The drivers seat is the one that will not heat up, the passenger seat works fine.

Thanks,

Michael

probably a short somewhere in the seat wiring. start at the seat harness and work backwards. does the seat move like it should etc?

Thanks,

Michael

probably a short somewhere in the seat wiring. start at the seat harness and work backwards. does the seat move like it should etc?

The seat moves fine in all directions, it's just the heater in the drivers seat that doesn't seem to be working.

Michael

Thanks,

Michael

The seat moves fine in all directions, it's just the heater in the drivers seat that doesn't seem to be working.

Michael

hm i dont know anything about the actual heating part, but my guess would be something electrical has shorted out etc. try and find a wiring diagram

There is a fairly lengthy procedure described in my 00 LS400 repair manuals for testing the switches and the seat heaters by testing for continuity on the various connectors. It's a little lengthy to try to scan and post here and it might not even match your SC. Maybe you could ask your Lexus dealer to print the diagnostic pages from techinfo. As complicated as the diagnostic procedure is, I'd bet that it would take a Lexus mechanic less than 30 minutes to determine the problem.

There is a fairly lengthy procedure described in my 00 LS400 repair manuals for testing the switches and the seat heaters by testing for continuity on the various connectors. It's a little lengthy to try to scan and post here and it might not even match your SC. Maybe you could ask your Lexus dealer to print the diagnostic pages from techinfo. As complicated as the diagnostic procedure is, I'd bet that it would take a Lexus mechanic less than 30 minutes to determine the problem.

Jim,

Thanks for the input but I'm trying to stay away from the slealership and their inflated labor rates. If it's something thats not to complicated I'll try fixing it myself.