Spark Plugs

Just finished changing the plugs on my car. Went with the Bosch Iridium plugs. I would have never attempted this without the tutorials you guys put on here. It was relatively painless. Thanks a million. Saved myself big $$$$$$. :) :)

• 6 months later...
Just finished changing the plugs on my car. Went with the Bosch Iridium plugs. I would have never attempted this without the tutorials you guys put on here. It was relatively painless. Thanks a million. Saved myself big $$$$$$. :) :)

what did you torque the plugs to? I'm having trouble finding this number - thanks

The owners manual specifically states to use the twin electrode platinum ones though (unless it changed between 2000 and 2001), you sure that was wise?

I tried changing mine last weekend and failed when I realized someone had replaced my hex keys, making it very difficult removing the valve cover screws. One of them was particularly tough, so I had to stop before I stripped it. I need to find my hex keys so I can use the correct size and get mine changed.

The owners manual specifically states to use the twin electrode platinum ones though (unless it changed between 2000 and 2001), you sure that was wise?

I tried changing mine last weekend and failed when I realized someone had replaced my hex keys, making it very difficult removing the valve cover screws. One of them was particularly tough, so I had to stop before I stripped it. I need to find my hex keys so I can use the correct size and get mine changed.

what did you torque the plugs to? I'm having trouble finding this number - thanks

My 2002 GS-300 Sport Design manual, page 251, calls for Denso SK16R-P11 plugs. That is the only one mentioned.