Picked Up Wrong Car

migurus

My parents just picked up new ES350 a few days ago, same dealer where I got mine a year ago. They asked for exactly same car as mine, stressing that PA is the most important feature for them. And now they discovered the PA is missing. It has Nav with Voice, but no PA.

I can't beat up myself enough, as I saw the car and failed to notice absence of the sensors on the bumpers.

I am posting here to see what could be done in this sistuation?

Did they specifically ask the Dealer for PA? is it a Lexus dealership? if so, i would say the dealer needs to correct the issue somehow - Lexus should work with you/them on this.

Yes, they have asked for PA specifically. Yes, this is Lexus dealer, I forgot to mention this is a brand new car.

I hope this is not a big deal. If dealer would have problem replacing the car itself, I guess car is wired internally, dealer would just replace bumpers and put on bumpers with those sensors, plus a PA knob in the panel.

If it's only been a few days. and based on the fact that they specifically asked for PA. I would just talk to the sales guy, or perhaps the sales manager... Your relationship with the folks in question will play part here but the fact that you've bought 2 Lexi from these guys, they shouldbe willing to work something out for you... I really don't think you want to go down the path of having PA in$$talled...

I hope either that you have a great relationship with the dealer or you have something in writing (like an email) to show you asked for it. I had a small issue with the spoiler where the salesman said I didn't say I wanted the spoiler but I showed him an email I sent that outlined everything I wanted so they had to give it to me! Good luck.