Dirty Headlight Lense

Hello. I am new here and I have a question that may already have been covered, but I can not find it. My 2001 GS300 headlight lenses are dirty on the inside. Is there a way to clean these or do I need to buy new assemblies? I assume they are not cheap. I appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks

Hello. I am new here and I have a question that may already have been covered, but I can not find it. My 2001 GS300 headlight lenses are dirty on the inside. Is there a way to clean these or do I need to buy new assemblies? I assume they are not cheap. I appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks

what do u mean dirty on the inside? like condensation or dirt? cause if you have dirt and trash inside means they leaking and/or car might have been flooded or underwater. sometimes condensation happens from a leak but normally they not DIRTY inside....clarify please. welcome to the club also

what do u mean dirty on the inside? like condensation or dirt? cause if you have dirt and trash inside means they leaking and/or car might have been flooded or underwater. sometimes condensation happens from a leak but normally they not DIRTY inside....clarify please. welcome to the club also

I have had the car since it was new, so I know it has never had any water damage or any other kind. The inside of the lense is hazy, kind of like a window inside the car will get after a while. That's the best way I can describe it. I have on occasion seen moisture inside of them after I have washed it, but it goes away pretty quickly.

I have had the car since it was new, so I know it has never had any water damage or any other kind. The inside of the lense is hazy, kind of like a window inside the car will get after a while. That's the best way I can describe it. I have on occasion seen moisture inside of them after I have washed it, but it goes away pretty quickly.

oh u just mean condensation.....u have a water leak n water is getting into your headlight. might wanna take them off and heat up headlight in the oven (after removing wires/bulbs) and clean the inside lens then reseal them or if you dont wanna take them apart u can just use some caulk on outside if u can find the leak or just caulk whole thing with some clear silicon. or replace whole headlights........ either way

before you bake them, try cleaning them up with Meguiars PlasticX. It made a huge improvement on mine and only takes a couple of minutes. Yellowing and haze that appeared to be on the inside were actually removed, especially near the top of the lens. It's worth a shot, if it doesn't work just throw them badboys in the oven.

before you bake them, try cleaning them up with Meguiars PlasticX. It made a huge improvement on mine and only takes a couple of minutes. Yellowing and haze that appeared to be on the inside were actually removed, especially near the top of the lens. It's worth a shot, if it doesn't work just throw them badboys in the oven.

u can try that....but i figured if he thought it was INSIDE the lens it really was inside the lens, i mean somedays with my fogsi can see the water in my housing, so you know hence the condensation i get in my fog light.....i need to replace that soon! god im busy/lazy!

• 6 months later...

----------

PlasticX is great stuff. I would use it even if you don't think you need it.

Won't solve water problem though.

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. I see a decent amount of condensation in my headlights pretty often. Do I need a new gasket? How do I make this better? Because it honestly looks like crap and I can't stand it. Thanks!

• 9 months later...

----------

PlasticX is great stuff. I would use it even if you don't think you need it.

Won't solve water problem though.

I have to agree that Meguiars plasticx is really great for cleaning the lenses. I tried it and I was amazed at how good it worked. I am a firm believer in meguiars products anyway. They have always performed great.

• 8 years later...