Need Help Before Making Purchase Tomorrow

Ultra350

Hello,

First off I would like to say that you guys have a great site and very informative. I've been a long time lurker on this site. Finally found something that I may end up purchasing tomorrow but before I did that I wanted to run it by you all with the experience on these cars.

Its a 2007 ES350 with 23,000 miles. Car has all the options including Ultra package with glass roof and parking sensors. Final price OTD is $34,500. Car is certified from Lexus and carfax is clean. Original owner had this car for 2 year and 1 month.

Question #2.

Being that this car has the glass roof and less insulation how is the road noise.

Thanks in advance for all your help (If you would like to see the link to the car let me know)

There should be absolutely NO road noises, or for that matter, NO noises at all from the panoramic roof.....and I've owned my '07 ES since May '06.

I was happy to hear that they're still selling '07's for such a high price.

Welcome to the club, and good luck with your new car. Post some pictures when you get a chance. :)

I think thats too much money IMHO. You can buy a new one for $39k probably...or less. I was made an offer for $40k on a brand new UL 2008 and that was before all of these economy problems happened.

Now, thats not OTD, but I bet you can do better.

Someone on the LS forum just paid underinvoice for an LS460, which used to be unheard of for any Lexus.

I would lean on them hard....

I think they are selling 08 UL's around here for about $38,000 new. There are many leftovers around the country - I would tell them what you want and have them find it. Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis has about six 08 UL's for this price.

If they wont work with you - call Tom Wood in Indianapolis and ask for Betty - she is amazing.

There is NO WAY I would pay that for an 07 with any miles.

Good luck.

Matt

I agree with the last few posters here---if u r spending that much go for new.... with the ul etc.. probably can get a gr8 deal on a new 08....with the economy tanking all are slow...

As far as noise my 08 350 with ul pana roof et al... no noise...

in addition 07 was the first year of the redesign for this ES line, so on this site it seems that the 07 has a lot more quirky issues than the 08,,, dunno about 09, but remember 07 was the first year of the redesign... So iwould advise 08 or 09

so good luck either way... and welcome to the Lexus club MB!

PS whatever you get test everything before accepting it...

Im glad I posted on here. After doing some research I thought I was getting a good deal. The sales price without taxes and title come out to be around 32,000. I even called a few dealerships in CA and they wanted about 2k-3k more. After reading some of your post I think I may hold off a bit and see what happens.. Originally they were trying to sell me the car for just under 37k.

I contacted my local dealership yesterday and they quoted me a price of $38,XXX for a loaded ES350 with the exception of UL.. Meaning that I am looking at an additional 6k without the UL.

I agree with the last few posters here---if u r spending that much go for new.... with the ul etc.. probably can get a gr8 deal on a new 08....with the economy tanking all are slow...

As far as noise my 08 350 with ul pana roof et al... no noise...

in addition 07 was the first year of the redesign for this ES line, so on this site it seems that the 07 has a lot more quirky issues than the 08,,, dunno about 09, but remember 07 was the first year of the redesign... So iwould advise 08 or 09

so good luck either way... and welcome to the Lexus club MB!

PS whatever you get test everything before accepting it...

rjt is spot on! I would look for an 08 UL....times are tough for all dealers but some Lexus dealers feel the way mine does....the salesman told me this (and he was right)....when you buy a Lexus you don't need a car, you want a car. That makes a big difference when you negotiate!! Oh well, still I think you can get a better deal on an 08 right now. Plus, one other thing, the 07's were the first year for the ES350. Some (as you can see in the post) have had issues with the 07s. I have had a few minor issues with my 08 but I think most of the big issues have been addressed. My recommendation is to try and find an 08! Good luck and let us know how you make out!