Tells Us About Your Car And Its Mods Or Problems

Hello All....

I recently purchased a 1998 es 300 from and auction in Brooklyn (uugghh). Ok I love lexus and have always love lexus. Well .. every since i bought the car the check engine light came on. so me not knowing much about cars I got a tune up thinking that it will take the check emgine light off but of course it didn't. I took it back to the auction dealer who said he changed the sensors and reported that the sensors will clear themselves. well the snesors go on and off and blink . I have called the dealer several times and he said to drive the car and they will clear themselves. anyway sick and tired of the dam sensorsas well as the car burning gas fast . i put gas in th ecar at least every day. well i took the car back to get a part that thatr the auction dealer said would fix the gas problem .. it didn't. so finally i broke down and took the car to lexus for a diagnostic test and they said that the car needs 3500 worth of work . I dam near passed out. He provided us with a list of things that needs to be fixed.. i dont want to think that i bought a lemon because its a LEXUS and I love my car . It drives so good and smooth. oh and did i mention that the passenger window rolls down but dont roll back up. the auto glass place said its electrical. Anyway her are the things lexus said needs to get done . can someone please help me navigate through this. i know that i can get the parts from various websites. However it would be q great help if somneone could explain to me what on the list i need to get done first and why. please tell me what part on the list will fix the running through gas problem.

here it goes

A/F sensor B1 S1

3 injectors [bank 1]

FR sway Bar links

FR Sway Bar Bushings

RR Sway Bar bushing

Exhaust intermid ( they said the pipe is rusted and leaks)

wheel ailiment

** they said i needs brakes and tires.( however i got brakes from online and going to have someone put them on)

did i mention that the lcd radio screen is black ...

love my lexus please help !!!!

thanks

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Ha dont feel bad i got use to this guy sold me not a lemon more like an orange but i fix on it and fix on it take your time to fix the small things 1st then handle the big things one at a time you can also go to autozone to get an idea of what making your light come on most likely it is the sensor you got a map-load from speed sensors to Egr value in time just replace them all I think the owners who sell these cars just plain dog them out just cuz it's a luxury car :pirate: and really want to see how durable it is. Or either the previous owners just think this car dont need maintenance and just drive when the light come one they just ignore it. :chairshot: but trust you get it back up to speed you love your car so much ;)

1998 es300

185k mileage

purchased 2/2010 price-$2600 (originally wanted $3000)

oil change(diy-$25)

pcv valve and grommet(diy-$9)

air filter(diy-$5)

lcd radio screen(diy-$100)

cd changer magazine($25)

replacement key fob($30)

i've always admired the lexus brand,but realisticly is unaffordable new. when i saw this car forsale at a used car dealer that i past everday,going and coming from work. i stopped to check her out. after driving it fell i in love. after good inspection of the vehicle mechanically and interior wise, i was satisfied! it had a set of new tires recent inspection sticker. when i opened the hood the engine was spotless. the previous owner must have really took care of her. and a slight hint of oil burning. so i let the car run about 45 minutes.between test drive and walking around the car.i saw no drips or leaks.probably a valve cover seal.there was a noise though, a thump something in that fashion.coming from the rear. hence my next almost obvious conclusion. its a strut or strut mount or shock,shock mount. now we come to the exterior of the car.the body was almost immaculate except for previous damage on the drivers side rear quarter panel. this damage however,was attempted to be repaired in a sub par manor. but only noticeable when up close. and it also brought me back to the previous noise i heard during the test drive. when i decided to make the purchse,that gave me something to haggle with on the price in negotiations.granted the car has age and mileage.i should expect to spend a little on neccessary "piece of mind" repairs. the things that you want to make sure were done when buying a used car. the 1996 mazda 626 that i was driving was..........you fill in the blanks. and on that note so far so good!! love the car i'm still going to do a fews more minor things to ease my mind. but no mods! i'm going to keep her stock. she's gorgeous pictures will follow. p.s. there were recent repair receipts in glove compartment that was very helpful(notice that after i flew home!)

future diy jobs,replace front brake pads and rotors.(rear to follow)

have the quarter repaired, not sure on price yet.

valve adjustment,theres a tick! its not loud but,its heard. at this mileage,and age i can live with it till getting around to having them adjusted.

• 2 weeks later...

1999 LEXUS ES300 EXTERIOR COLOR: CASHEMERE TAN INTERIOR COLOR:GRAY SUNROOF LEATHER 6 DISK CD CHANGER PAID:$5800.00 MARCH 17th 2010 **POSTED MARCH 30TH,2010**: It runs beautifully, but, on the way home the day we bought it the engine light and trac off light came on. Took it and had the codes ran and it came back P1135 and P1155 which is oxygen sensors,bank 1 sensor 1 & bank 2 sensor 1. Took it to a mechanic and he said the sensors were okay that it was the ECM (electronic control module). So we took it for a second opinion and was told definately not the ECM it was the oxygen sensors.Got them replaced,lights went off. Stopped at the store turned car back on and both lights came on. Took it back to mechanic and he found messed up wire so fixed that and re-replaced O2 sensors. Lights went off. Drove it. Turned it off and back on,lights bcame back on. So we still are trying to find the source of the problem. Any ideas? I could use some advice. Alot of $ going out !!!! **POSTED APRIL 5th.2010 Update: auto shop says that they need to re-replace the oxygen sensors with Denso brand sensors since thats what was originally on the car and that the lights will go off then. They had to order them from 2 different places . So been waiting for them to come in sinve Thursday April 1st! One came in today April 5th. Hopefully the other comes in 2 morrow and we can get this solved finally. No charge for the new sensors or labor since its their fault they didnt do it in the first place. And the time & $ I lost the past 2 weeks waitimg for them to fix this.I cant have it inspected till the lights are off so this is really getting to the point where i'm going to have a nervous breakdown! **POSTED APRIL 20th,2010 **UPDATE** Well. they didnt work. So the mechanic ordered O2 sensors straight from Lexus...Guess what...THAT DID'NT WORK EITHER!!! Boy am I frustrated!!! If U have any advise please,please,please post it. I could really use it! I love my car, but I want it fixed ,I need it inspected and i'm just not one of those people that can ignore the engine light being on. Some can, I can't...HELP!!! **POSTED APRIL 28TH,2010 ****UPDATE*** w\Well, the 4th set of O2 sensors didn't work. I new they wouldnt!! So we finally got the title and registration from the dealership and rushed it to the inspection station because the dealership guarantees there cars to pass inspection on the contract as long as you take it through with in 14 days of registering. So it failed,of course!!! It's the ECM... Same codes came up.P1135 and P1155 which read,wires,O2 SENSORS,OR ECM. Here come to find out,the dealership had replaced the O2 sensors and that did'nt fix it so they unhooked the battery,knowing that the engine lights wouldnt come right on when a buyer took it for a test drive. I guess they were hoping that we wouldnt have had it inspected in time, but were not stuoid like they were hoping. i went on the BBB website and the dealership has an F rating! And I told them a complaint to the BBB was the least they should worry about cause i'm going straight to the attorney general!!! Anyways , they were shaking in there boots and are as we speak fixing all the problems with the car. Even the one's it didnt fail for. Because what I did was, I took it to my mechanic and had them write up an order for everything that needed to be repaired and they are going to do it all..FOR FREE of course. It also failed for the tint on the front windows. I love the tint but the car was originally sold in Philadelphia where there laws on tint arent as strict as New Jersey laws. Hopefully after all is fixed I can take it to a private inspection station and they will allow it to pass with the tint. The tint in the front is much lighter then the back so I hope it'll fly. I'll update after all is repaired. Sad thing is, the car is beautiful and runs like a dream. But it eats gas like it's going outta style so I really am praying this is the cure for my baby. I really lucked out that the dealership had guaranteed that inspection because the repairs are so expensive.... any input , reply.... :( I luv my money pit , just want it to be all better :(

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 1999 es 300 black. I need alot of work done because it was completely moded. If anybody can help me out, im looking for the OEM stock intake air box assembly because I currently have an performance intake. Im also looking for the frontbumper with the splash cover that goes under it as well as anymounts that it needs(the front bumper is currently tied on with ZIPTIES). If anyone can please HELP!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

yep howdy ho, I live in margaret river a small wine growing region in the south west of western australia..I know I'm a bit out of my territory here, but the australian lexus owners club is fairly limited in it's activity..population issues you know..

a couple of months ago I bought an es300, 2000 model with 172000kms on the clock..my 1st lexus (I've had mercedes benz all my life till now..though I still own a 280E), for around US$8200..the car was a one owner..serviced all its life at the local lexus dealer(lexus of perth)..the log book is full and complete with lexus service seals up to and including the major service at 160000kms(100000miles), with the last service done by "the dodgy brothers"..the dealer where I bought the car, back in early april, 2010. Not their real name of course, but, 24 hours after I bought the car, which, by the way, is pretty well perfect in every other way bar one little problem..yep, 24 hours after I bought the car, suddenly, it started to develop a consistent, persistent..rattle in the area of the front suspension. It just rattles, everytime the car goes over a slight bump or inconsistency in the road surface..it rattles, like castanets..rattle, rattle, rattle...its so annoying..as the rest of the car in every..and I mean..every respect..is damn near perfect. I suspect that "the dodgy brothers" had concealed this 'rattling problem'..perhaps with a shot of crc or grease to the offending component for a short term fix. I've been back to them of course..but hey...tha dodgy brothers...."no mate, what rattling, we didnt hear it rattling..etc". Oh well, I'm currently trying to get to a solution for this problem..it's driving me mad..especially as the rest of the car is pretty damn nice..members in this forum have been very helpful so far

i have a lexus es 300 2001 i bought used few years ago . i have this problem for long time . when i am driving there is air coming from window between rubber and glass i tried few things dosne't seem to work . please help me

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i have a lexus es 300 2001 i bought used few years ago . i have this problem for long time . when i am driving there is air coming from window between rubber and glass i tried few things dosne't seem to work . please help me

thanks

Hello, put some silicone spray directly on the rubber and it should alleviate the problem to a certain extent, but wont make the air noise completely go away.

1995 lexus es300

18, my grandmother pays for insurance

emerald green

24,500 miles

bought it about 6 years ago from some old lady with 16,000 miles

sat in back yard covered until i got my licence

i doo all my own oil changes and radiator flushes

only go to mechanic for major issues or for inspection

i just finished installing a AEM air filter and fabricated my own custom heat sheild.

only problem i have is, the car was hit while parked on the street durring a snow storm so my front right passenger side fender is smashed and a piece was ripped out, also my headlight is smashed.

other than that the car in in mint condition, i wash it 2-3 times a week

i dont know how to post pics so so email me for pics

1998 es300

im the 3rd owner, purchased about a month ago they owned vehicle from lease in 01 till 2010.

162k miles

lexus premium sound

well maintained leather no tears or rips, hardly any wear lines

car is gold or the toyota tan, with the tan leather.

All tune up done about 3k ago, breaks all the way around, timing chain, alternator, radiator - All done at Northtown Lexus - Buffalo NY. Car was first bought from there original owner, then the second got it previously used in 01 and I bought it from them for $3500.

Rides like it still is on the show room floor. Nothing wrong at all everything power works amazing.

I have owned the car for only about a month, but Im considering sticking with lexus till I die, nothing else compares as I went from a 98 Grand Prix to a 98 es300 and you couldnt tell they were the same year. Im amazed by the difference. My insurance is about 1000/year.

I am having only one problem im hoping someone in this forum can help me with, check my post pleaseeeee. 06/15..... Other then that I love my car and will definately post pictures so you all can tell me what you think.

Mods

17" black w/chrome lip rims with Kumho tires

Plans

1 1000 watt JL audio amp with 1 12" JL w7

5% tint all the way around

magnaflow exhaust, possibly dual tip

looking but havent found for my year HID/angel eye head lights - let me know if you know where to get some

• 1 month later...

just bought a 97 ES 300 with 94k miles. Great shape. Honestly of all the cars I have owned this was in the best shape, especially for the year. Engine was clean, the paint spectacular, interior is cherry.

There are a few issues.

I found a great mechanic that is fair and knows his game. I have a squeaky AC belt, and the CD Changer won't load cd's. The AC belt I know I will have to take in, but the CD player I feel I can handle on my own. Any ideas?

Also, I have a baby and the child seat issue is interesting compared to my other car. any recommendations on how to compensate for the child restrain system in new cars? I dont want to trust a 13 year old seat belt with my little angel!

Great car, I love the quiet, and the drive is SOOO smooth. Best car I have owned - new or used.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a 2006 ES330 that I bought new from Naperville Lexus in Illinois in September 2005, and mileage is around 49,600 miles now. The car is currently with my daughter while she attends college in Bloomington, Indiana. It's due for a 50K service, has a break light out, the passenger air bag light remains on all the time whether someone is sitting there or not, the left rear window will not roll down, and the driver's side rear view mirrow will not work. Lexus of Naperville told me the mirror was because a mirror motor needed to be replaced and gave me a cost estimate of $818 just for that. We've typically had the car serviced at Lexus but find the nearest location is Indianapolis which is too far to go for servicing. Some of these issues have likely been caused by the winter weather as my daughter doesn't have a place to garage the car there, so it's exposed to the freezing temps.

I need to find a place to service the car in Bloomington, Indiana. I'm becomming concerned about the really high prices Lexus charges for service. The Toyota place there told me a 50K service would run over $300 which is crazy. So, I'd like to get a couple of suggestions on good, reliable service places there that have reasonable service pricing.

I'd also like to get an idea of what might be really going on with my mirror, left rear window, and passenger airbag concerning what is likely to be causing these probelms and how much they might cost for repair. I've talked to a couple of places in Bloomington and they're telling me it'll cost around $75 each to diagnos each problem. I think that's a bit much and am looking for suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

1997 ES 300, bought used from Lexus dealer in 2003. I am the second owner. Mileage was 70,000. Now 150,000. I love this car!

Issues:

Stereo display had been replaced at dealership, just prior to my purchase due to LCD issues. LCD went from hieroglyphics to totally black about 3yrs from my purchase. Repair cost $650 for an entire stereo unit plus installation. Not done. I quess what station or CD.

Lowbeam headlight went out in 2007. Manual said it had to be replaced at dealership, lies all lies. But $100.00 later - new headlight. 6 months later, the other headlight went out. I went to the dealership and purchased the new bulb for $50.00. Service manager offered to install for $50.00. I said, No thanks" and proceeded to open the hood and start the install in the bay where they receive NEW Lexus for service. Service manager raced out to install for me and get me out of the bay. A Lexus dealership can not have a woman, dressed for work in their bay changing her light bulb. I have since learned that the bulbs can be purchased for about $18.00 at most car parts stores. They last about 6 months to a year. (I just read another post about not touching the bulb or cleaning it with alcohol if you had - so I will be more careful when I replace the current burned out bulb)

Cup holders, now there was some engineering genius, Both front and rear broken. $120.00 & $110.00 for a replacements, no other options. Another hundred each for installation.

Plastic stops for front seatbelts are both gone. Not sure how that happened. (Lexus headquarters does not know what these are anyway) Dealership solution, new seatbelts $500.00 including installation.

The engine has a surge at 40 miles per hour. Mechanic has tried everything. Still has the surge.

Good thing I bought a dependable car. Regular service keeps this baby running great, well, except for the surge. I hope to buy a Lexus again someday, can't beat the quiet ride. I wish they would make the interior parts as well as they made the rest of the car.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I purchased my 1992 ES300 about 7 years ago from a friend of a friend who buys and sells impound auto's from auction

I knew of the Lexus/Toyota line and just respect the safety and engineering, a superb automobile.

I purchased it for 2,000 dollars, mileage being high around 160-170 thousand

Took it in for servicing replaced all essentials, tune up,timing belt plugs ect. (Johns Import Automotive)

cost 1,300 bucks

Other work I have done myself:

Shift cables needed to be replaced-common indicator was It wouldn't go into gear cables where stretched and frayed-(Dealer Part cost 240.00 each)

replaced the intake hose to throttle body from mass airflow sensor-45.00 (ebay)

later had problem with racing idle fluctuations sticking, Online research saved me thousand bucks buddy-

replaced the mass airflow sensor and the throttle position sensor (wrecking yard-75.00 and some change)

At this point in time I have an estimate for 3,300 bucks to rebuild the entire suspension, Most would trash this car and buy a new one

I am just to old to tear it apart and do that major work, so It's only money right!.

Point is

Car runs good too good to have a yard come and get it, also it does sport the rare manual 5 speed option, giving you the ability to grab that power when you want it.

I have managed to make the car run better than the day I brought it home, So for me it's acually easier to work on than some other's just gotta find resources to save cash and find info to help you get through it.

• 2 weeks later...

2004 ES 330,

3 owners (I'm the 3rd).

$13,500. Bought it in Dallas Texas, and now reside in Oklahoma City.

I've had it about a year.

Repairs: None

Only Mod is a full Alpine Sound system (Double Din Deck, 6 speakers, Amp, dual subs)

Insurance: Farmers $560 every 6 months.

Current Problem:

The "airbag light" in the dash is on and it also shows that the light above the controls for the air conditioning system that say's "passenger airbag off" light is on. Looked in the manual and made sure that we had nothing under the seat and that we had enough weight in both vehicles seats to ensure that the light should be engaged however the light remains on. We made sure that we had our seat belts engaged. Lexus won't be able to get to a diagnostic until Thursday and my warranty doesn't cover anything that has to do with the "airbag restraint system". Anyone has any clue what the problem could be? Or how much it might cost to fix? Below is a picture of the lights that are in question. Again both are on even when someone is or isn't in the seat and when someone IS in the seat the lights remain on even when everything is being done that is suggested by the manual. Thank you for your time.

http://www.imageurlhost.com/viewer.php?file=3fo4f3x1hrgb2p518x8.jpg]3fo4f3x1hrgb2p518x8_thumb.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/viewer.php?file=8gnn4cn8duti3hy7xdgb.jpg]8gnn4cn8duti3hy7xdgb_thumb.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/viewer.php?file=x1fkdaawt8zv2ls3vcbj.jpg]x1fkdaawt8zv2ls3vcbj_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a 2004 Gold Lexus Es330. I bought it for 16,000 from family with 50,000 miles.

I installed a full custom cold air intake that comes from the throttle past the battery and up through the grill.

I also got a full custom exhaust. Sounds good, not cheap. Tinted all four windows 20 percent. I used spray tint for the tail lights. I powder coated the 16 inch wheels a metallic grey color and painted the calipers red.

I panted the chrome parts on the grill grey. I installed 3000k yellow fog lights, led parking lights and blue/ white 8000k low beams. Halso have led lights installed in All the interior lights.

1996 ES300, black (with gray lower-body cladding), tan interior

180000 miles

No modifications

There are some problems

-Car shakes under say, 25 mph (but it's fine at higher speeds)

-Characteristic CV joint clicking

-Needs tires (I plan to get Kumho ASX tires)

-Check-engine light is on, showing codes: P0300 P0301 P0303 P0305 P0115 P0135. I have a CarMD (OBDII scan tool that comes with an online support feature, but it cannot turn the CEL off). Anyway, it says misfire in Cylinder #5, and that the solution is to replace the spark plugs

-Car is a tad loud above 1500 RPM but quiet at idle, maybe related to above?

-The common Lexus climate-control LCD problem, and two of the bulbs are out

-ABS kicks in very early and very often, maybe I need new brake pads? (ABS light is NOT on!) I would probably get either Brembo Sport or Hawk HPS brake pads

-PS fluid and coolant were low, but oil is OK. I don't know about the trans fluid because I don't really know how long it takes for the trans to be considered 'hot'. But I'm going to change oil and trans fluid and the coolant too.

-Is the thermostat still located down under where it's impossible to actually get at? I know the ES250 suffered the same thing!

My car had been in a crash before I bought it

-Front bumper cover is bent, and fog lights are missing

-Left headlight is loose, and out of alignment

-Driver door needs to be slammed shut

-Rear left door doesn't close "completely" (there's still a noticeable gap no matter how hard you slam that door, but the lock system recognizes the door as closed)

-Airbag light is on

-Front seat belt buckles seem to have been installed backwards

-Driver's door lock doesn't work. I have to lock/unlock from passenger door, but the outside door-handle to the front passenger door doesn't work (maybe it's a linkage problem?)

-Trunk pop and gas pop in driver's door *do* work

-Front-passenger front right window works, but only on that door. The switch for that window on the driver's door doesn't work.

-Left rear window doesn't work, but the window motor seems to work

-When driver's door is opened (after unlocking from passenger side), the interior light does not come on (but it will come on once front passenger door is opened)

-I only received one key to the car, and not an original Lexus-logo key.

-No owners manual was present

-No keyless remote was present either. Which remote do I use?

-Shift-lock override button doesn't work. You can't push it down

-ECT power button is sticky. I can push it down to turn it on, but pushing it again to turn ECT Power off takes a bit

-Cupholders work, but if you push them in it is a mess to try and get the cupholders back out again

-front seats are ripped

Paid $700

Is most of this stuff easy/cheap to fix?

Before this I owned an ES250 from 91 for four years (2006-2010). It was absolutely solid and had no real problems except a PS leak. However, it had no sunroof. The only work I did myself on the ES250 was oil and trans fluid change. Had no check-engine light and was never in an accident. I lost it to a fire the night after Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll start.

1994 Es 300 ,dark mettalic green with purple and brown pearls painted all one colour .

Just made 200 000 km on Saturday.

I pay $1000 a year insurance for full coverage and am 28 .

1 previous owner, bought in 96 from a Lotus dealer for $28 000 Canadian,has both options of the cd changer and sunroof. The cold weather package is standard in canada which is heated seats,mirrors,headlight washers and block heater.

I also pay for lexus roadside every year.

all prices mentioned are canadian.

05/98 replaced all bulbs on a/c, radio and gauges for the backlighting.

10/00 lexus replaced the motor mounts as it shifted hard,and all the wiper motors switches and everything else as it would not go back to rest position after the stalked was tuned off. Just after the 7 year/110 000 km warrenty time ran out.

08/01 Timing belt and water pump done from a Lexus tech on his time for $250 cash belt and pump cost $150 . 2 hours

09/03 power steering pump did myself , pump was $200. 4 hours

10/03 cv boot right side ripped ,bought a kit from lexus to replace all parts for $100. 3 hours

12/03 do tranny flushes every 50 000 km ( did it last week at walmart) $40. 2 hours

09/03 new dogbone engine mount redone in ureathane to never break again ( make them myself)

06/03 New power and ground wires and battery( optima yellowtop) made new wires with gold connectors and 4 gauge wires. 1 hour

Once a year i vacume out the interior temp sensor ,located below to the right of the steering wheel

that has some horizontal lines on it to remove the dust. It has a return air flow to suck interior air in and measure the temp.Never replaced the a/c filter as i don't have one an don't feel like wasting the money.

airbag light is on as i had a friend who though he knew how to remove the wheel ,screw it up. WHile i was working on the engine.

I use mobil one synthetic ( 0-30/40 winter) ( 15w 50 summer )for the engine and use an engine flush every 2 years, It keeps the engine well lubed and i have the least amount of valve train tapping i ave seen in a 1mz-fe engine ( camry or es 300 v6)

All the mods are in the link below for Cold air intake/ exhuast ,brakes, rims , suspension ,body kit , stereo , lighting , tv ,nokia in car handsfree kit and other upgrades.

hey SKPperformance... sorry i PMed you. didnt read further down where you said not to.. my bad...

was just wondering if you had a DIY for replacing the bulbs behind the climate control and the climate knobs for a 94 es300. if not just something similar that i could look off of to follow it. was trying to replace the bulbs behind the climate cluster with LEDs. i searched for this for a few days but never found it i saw it for an older GS i thought but dont remember where or even if it was this site. any help or info or links would be greatly appreciated. i know how to reomve the cluster just wondering basically how to remove and install the bulbs and what exact type or number bulbs i would need so i can order. only write up ive found is for gauge cluster.. will do that also but dont need help with that as i am trying to make all main lights white LEDs instead of that dull green in the climate and temp backlight. any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS.....

• 1 month later...

1995 es300 2nd owner

i paid 6200 US dollars last year (october)

problems: crazy blinking, solved by getting a new headlight (my old one has condensation inside of it) paid 150 shipped on ebay.com

a/c charged-$10 kit from walmart

cruise control problem- i can't fix it. i have no idea what's wrong (changed the actuator, but not fixed)

i fix it myself. but previous owners took it to Nalley Lexus for everything (i mean, everything)

mods:

pioneer deh-p6500mp mp3/wma player

infinity 605cs component set

lanzar vibe 430

audiobahn 12" in a bandpass box

cost- HU=210

infinity 90

lanzar 110

audiobahn + box 85

Phillips HID kit 200

i am 21 yrs old, my insurance is liability-$80 a month

you know i'm having problems out of my cruise control and think it could be the switch shorting out my car in the shop not re doing my engine but when i get it out i'm take it check out the C.C switch when i turn it on it work for a while then shut off.... and as far as the music, got JL audio for the 6x9's which really need 5x8"s but i made another hole to fit, and orions 6 1/2's in the door...need an amp to sound good

• 1 month later...

List your model, year ,

# of owners ,

price when bought and from where

lenght of ownership and attributed problems and repair costs.

Also mention where you had it fixed ( lexus, independent, midas or diy).

When it was done.

Any mods done to the car and its costs.

If desired your age and insurance you pay.

If you have any picutes in the gallery put links in the post so we can have an idea about the car.

Please only post once and if you have a question either pm the member or make a new thread .

This will keep the page from being filled with excess.

Picture should be to the left of this post. (It's not showing up for me though.)

I own a 1992 Lexus ES 300. I'm the third owner, I bought it from a private party for $630. 3 liter DOHC V6 - 5 speed.

Current problems: driver's side window doesn't work, passenger side window doesn't either, though, I can slide it manually up and down. The climate control screen is black. Speedometer doesn't work. Needs brakes BAD (rear rotors are way warped.)

I haven't done any repairs so far - though, I'm going to replace the gauge cluster this weekend. (sounds relatively easy.)

I haven't taken apart the dash yet to figure out if the climate control unit is separate from the radio.

Options: CD Changer, Moonroof, Keyless Entry.

I'm 18, and am under my Dad's insurance (AAA) and pay about $24/month for PL-PD.

• 1 month later...

ES300 1999

132000 miles

3rd owner

$6500

Test drove it last weekend and fell in love with it. clean car fax, interior in decent shape, headlights have little yellowing that I can easily get taken care of, and a few light mods(silverstar bulbs, dome lights, m3 spoiler) will be on the way

Mods/upgrades coming:

1- 00/01 taillights

2 - 20 tints

Alarm with remote starter

new paint all same color

shift knob swap

grille

30 and $553 eveery 6mo.

• 3 months later...