Child Safety Seats - Latch Hooks

jmarwill

I want to install a rear facing child seat on the left or right side of the middle row seat. However, when I install the seat rear facing, the seat seems to easily flip backwards (ex. if I was rear ended, the child seat would flip backwards into the seat back).

I looked for lower anchors on the car that would prevent this from happening. Has anyone found these on their GX or had them installed?

Thanks,

Jeff

I want to install a rear facing child seat on the left or right side of the middle row seat. However, when I install the seat rear facing, the seat seems to easily flip backwards (ex. if I was rear ended, the child seat would flip backwards into the seat back).

I looked for lower anchors on the car that would prevent this from happening. Has anyone found these on their GX or had them installed?

Thanks,

Jeff

I believe the latch hooks are on the passenger side only.

The driver side/center back seat hooks are European ISOFIX hooks, like this

• 3 weeks later...

To use LATCH, you attach the two hooks from the base of the child safety seat onto a pair of the lower anchors located in the rear seat of your car. These lower anchors make it easier than using seat belts to securely attach your child's car seat. You also need to hook the top tether strap from the car seat to its anchor point in your vehicle. This is an important step as top tethers greatly reduce the amount of dangerous forward head movement that your child could be exposed to in a crash. Pull to tighten both the straps of the lower and top attachments to secure a good fit.

PepperSprayKing - Stun Guns, Pepper Sprays, Home Protection, Mace, Child Safety, Personal Alarms, Voice Changers, Safety Lights, Diversion Safes, Hand held Metal Detectors, Tasers, Instructional Fighting DVDs

• 4 weeks later...

take off the plastic cover on the back of the right side of the driver side seat-which cover the screw that attach the driver seat and the floor of the car use the belt or the loop came with the baby car seat to attach to it .