Tells Us About Your Car And Its Mods Or Problems

SKperformance

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 98 LX 470. When I drive it, it bounces alot on all type of roads. Not sure why or what to do. Please advise if any suggestions - Thanks.

If your LX-470 has adjustable height , the problem is the accumulators for each wheel shock are low/flat. Go to 'activesuspensionsystems.com' and read all about it and what to do. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1999 LX 470 pearl white gold package

I am the 3rd owner

bought with 79,900 miles in Feb 08 now has 83500 (went on a long road trip for spring break)

payed $16,600 out the door tax, tag and title

I am 21 yrs old and pay around $70 a month for insurance (full coverage too! i pay $94 a month for 2 cars with only a $250 deductible...State Farm baby!!)

mods- clear corner lights and xenon/hid conversion kit upgrade

problems- rattling noise (listed thread in main forum)

repair costs- oil change, tire rotation, fluid top off and general check up- $56.00 at Toyota of Wilmington

question- do i really need to spend a grand + on the 90,000 mile service?

• 4 weeks later...
I have a 98 LX 470. When I drive it, it bounces alot on all type of roads. Not sure why or what to do. Please advise if any suggestions - Thanks.

I Wrote the DOT about the same kind of problem with my LX 470:

2004 LX470 AHC (Automatic Height Control Failure)!

As of January 22, 2008, the AHC failed.

The LX470 rides very, very roughly, even though one maybe driving on a smooth road. On occasion, the car will even tilt to one side while being driven down the road. The car sits very low and the height will not come up to the "N" level. The car often stays in the Low position when at highway speed. The "AHC OFF LIGHT" keeps flashing. Sometimes the car will come up a bit, but then it goes back down. If the light indicates the car is in the "N" position, it is NOT. It is in the Low position. Again, the car does not come up to “N” even when the car is at speed. Often, the car’s rear end will be all the way down LOW and the front end in the “H” position. This configuration puts the headlights pointing very high. (see photographs)

When the car is in the LOW position, as it is presently in the rear, there is very little suspension travel and virtually no way to control the vehicle in a sudden maneuver. In addition, the car will oscillate from front to back as if it were a boat going into waves. The front end will go up to the High position while going at speed, but the indicator light may return to the Normal Position even though the car stays in the high position. Though, one must say, presently there is little, which is NORMAL about the way the LX470 drives.

I called Lexus Customer Service in California. I got a very polite person, but no real explanation or help. I now have an appointment with the Local Lexus Dealer to get the car repaired.

A service manager at a Lexus dealership said, the suspension system failure could be due to salty, slushy roads ruining the sensors. If this is the case, the LX 470 Lexus should not be driven in the winter.

Nevertheless, whatever the reason for the suspension system failure, I feel this type of suspension system failure is an "extreme safety hazard" and inexcusable. These cars should be RECALLED before someone gets injured or killed. Should a suspension failure occur at speed in or out of traffic, the car could easily go out of control.

(A repair was completed, by the install of a new sensor)

aWill

• 1 month later...

My sister in law had the 2000 LX 470 gold/lite brown color that paint was fading. The dealer to dealer told them there was a recall on this and they did re paint the whole car for free for her.

Check again with your dealer...

Lx 470/2000 $1500.00 repair bill at 60,000. Needs needs new throttle Body. I am so P.. O.. right now can't tell Ya. Any one else with the problem.
I had 3 of my lights vsc check engine and one other come on yesterday..the diagnosis from charles barker lexus in v.b. virginia is it needs new throttle body..1387.00 or so but it still drives fine..i had them knock out the warning lights and it seems to still drive o k with no new lights coming on after 100 miles.they say whenever electrical malfuntion exists they replace the whole part...dont know what to do either.

• 1 month later...

Hey.

i have problems with my 2004 lx470 sub woofer and one of rear door speaker. i have to replace them so i want to which is the best option to buy. Some speakers don't damage the system and don't occur any problem

• 3 months later...

04' LX470

Traded in the black/tan 06' GS300 with 20's for the new mommy wagon. White/tan 04' LX470 with 60,000, Mark Levinson, roof rack, navigation, night vision, rear dvd and rear spoiler. As far as mods go, I leave nothing stock. So here we go... limo tinted the windows and fitted it with some new shoe the first week. 22" X 9" seem to fit the vehicle very well. I was worried about ride with the new wheels so I oversized the tires. Nitto 305/40R22 fit tight but does not rub, AT ALL... I would now consider the ride better. The vehicle is less sloppy feeling in the corners and road noise has decreased dramatically. I have also done the bypass and now would like to connect the front dvd to the rear overhead screen "need more info for this please". I would also like to remove the black paint from the grill for some more bling bling.

The main problem I have with the vehicle has to do with the blue tooth phone connection. Sometimes when I hang up the phone the radio will not come back on. Wuzz up with that????

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2005 LX470. I left the sunroof open one day and it rained hard! Since then my radio controls for the rear (the control panel on the rear of the center counsel) don't work, they don't seem to have power to them. And the 6 disk changer in the center counsel doesn't work. When I push CD on the radio panel a message comes up on the navigation screen, "External Device Not Connected". HELP!!!! I did dry the car out for a few days with fans in a heated shop. If you have any ideas or a similar problem let me know. I would love to listen to cds again. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
LX 470 HAS PAINT FADING PROBLEM. DEALER IN NASHVILLE SAYS LEXUS HAS NO PAINT ISSUES. ANY IDEA AS TO WHY PAINT WOULD FADE. I HAVE MERCEDES MUCH OLDER AND NO PAINT FADING. ANYONE EXPERIENCING PAINT FADING?.

I have a 1999 LX470 that has been garage kept and cared for like a baby. The paint is cloudy and the coating is peeling. This is a very common problem. The dealers are fixing them when they are pressed. The shame of it is the coating during this time period is faulty and Lexus knows this, but will lie to it's customers to avoid the cost. My dealer in Houston, said they couldn't cover it because of the age. I was preparing a letter to them and found your question as I was seeking proof of the faulty paint problem. I will not except thier response. I have a 1998 LS 400 and the paint is immaculate.

I have 2002 LEXUS LX470 that I bought from an auction last month.

The navigation was working fine until a few days ago, it says NO DISK DETECTED. There is a blue disk in the navigation box under the passenger seat. I even bought a different black colored disk from ebay which is a later version, but still giving me the same message.

Did anyone else run across anything similar? The dealership wants to charge me a $$$DIAGNOSIS FEE$$$ and then may be they'll ask $$$BIG MONEY$$$ to fix it too.

:cries: PLEASE HELPPPP !!!!!

I just experienced the same problem. The dealer said that I need a new nav ecu. I put a post to see if anyone experienced the same prob. So far you are the only person. I got a price for a new unit it is 895. I am going to tear it down tonight to see if I can locate the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

2001 LX470 with Mark Levinson audio system.

speakers started to pop and buzz erratically, almost to the point where you thought it was gonna explode or catch on fire. Amp finally gave out and had to be replaced with an '02 amp. Found out, this was an issue on 2001 LX470 ML systems.

• 2 months later...

1999 LX 470 110,000 miles. When you turn the key you can hear the solenoid engage/click (or something that sounds like a solenoid) and have to turn the key multiple times until it turns the starter and cranks right up. Battery is new and has been checked. Thanks

1999 LX 470 110,000 miles. When you turn the key you can hear the solenoid engage/click (or something that sounds like a solenoid) and have to turn the key multiple times until it turns the starter and cranks right up. Battery is new and has been checked. Thanks

You need a new starter.

I had the same problem and replaced starter @ 70k miles....i'm @ 96k now with no problems.

• 5 months later...
I have a 2005 LX470. I left the sunroof open one day and it rained hard! Since then my radio controls for the rear (the control panel on the rear of the center counsel) don't work, they don't seem to have power to them. And the 6 disk changer in the center counsel doesn't work. When I push CD on the radio panel a message comes up on the navigation screen, "External Device Not Connected". HELP!!!! I did dry the car out for a few days with fans in a heated shop. If you have any ideas or a similar problem let me know. I would love to listen to cds again. Thanks!

Dude, you killed your radio. I just had the same thing happen to my 96', Toyota, Tacoma. Left the window down and had a ton of water come in and kill my Sony, CD player. You might want to think about making and insurance claim on that. I'm sure the repair, is more than your deductible !

• 4 weeks later...

hi

i have LX470 2003 the vgrs lights apear in the combination meter and the vsc light

i use intellegent tester to diagnosis these problem> DTC C1567 lock mechanism insertion malfunction

please give me any solution to solve this problem

• 1 month later...
I have 2002 LEXUS LX470 that I bought from an auction last month.

The navigation was working fine until a few days ago, it says NO DISK DETECTED. There is a blue disk in the navigation box under the passenger seat. I even bought a different black colored disk from ebay which is a later version, but still giving me the same message.

Did anyone else run across anything similar? The dealership wants to charge me a $$$DIAGNOSIS FEE$$$ and then may be they'll ask $$$BIG MONEY$$$ to fix it too.

:cries: PLEASE HELPPPP !!!!!

I just experienced the same problem. The dealer said that I need a new nav ecu. I put a post to see if anyone experienced the same prob. So far you are the only person. I got a price for a new unit it is 895. I am going to tear it down tonight to see if I can locate the problem.

My 02 LS430 has the same issue. My dealer wanted $1900 for ECU, new disc, and install. $895 sounds like a steal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I purchased a second hand '05 LX470 last year. It is my third LX470. Also owned a '99 and a '02. Bought those new. Loved the '09 and the '02 Mark Levenson stereo. Hate the stereo in the '05. Had the dealer go through it but told me nothing wrong. '05 stereo doesn't compare to the earlier models. Base is no where close. Any suggestions?

• 6 months later...

99 LX470

Purchased in 07 @ 100K miles.

Recently replaced three ignition coils.

Having a problem with my low beam bulbs. Since initial purchase the driver side bulb was blowing every two to three months. Noticed that the connector that plugs into the back of the bulb was melting. Connector is completely gone now and I can't find a replacement part. Is it considered the headlamp socket?

Help.

• 6 months later...

I have a 2001 with 408000 miles.I just purchased some B and B actuators.Hopefully I wont have any problems

Oh wow! 408k miles!! I wanna see some pictures to see how it has help up for that many miles!!

I only have one picture right nowIMG_20101210_170455.jpg?t=1292704605