Tells Us About Your Car And Its Mods Or Problems

SKperformance

hi...I'm new here and just bought a 2004 lexus RX300..the problem is..when i start the engine..there are some noice come out from the steering..although i off the air cond and the player..the sound i heard came out from the steering very annoying..like clicking...please help...thanks a lot.

• 8 months later...

I have a 1999 RX300 with approx. 125k miles. I've have a number of different issues with ignition coils blowing. Over the course of the last three years, I have now replaced four coils on three different cylinders. One of those replacement coils could have been defective, as it blew nearly a year after being installed. Each time a coil failed, all six platinum plugs have been replaced, yet a few days ago,my mechanic pulled one of the plugs and we noticed some corrosion on it (which appeared crusty, almost like battery acid build up). I'm wondering if there's a different underlying issue that could be causing the coils to fail? or if the plugs are part of the issue that's causing the coils to fail? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2000 RX300, bought with 66000 miles. Only problem has been to replace the radio antenna. Have had timing belt and pump replaced at 120,000. Love the car. Recently changed oil and oil filter. Usually, the oil filter makes a horrible mess with spilling of oil. However, at last filter change, there was no oil in the filter. Cut it open and oil has been going through as the oitside of the Fram was covered with oil. Put on new filter and drove car a few miles. Checked filter and still no oil in filter. Took to mechanic and they checked oil pressure and it was within Lexus standards. Anyone else with this and is it a problem?

• 4 months later...

2004 RX330 I bought for the wife.........didn't stay stock for too long, but none fo my cars do.... ^_^

Harrier2.jpg

Harrier3.jpg

Harrier4.jpg

Harrier5.jpg

HarrierInterior.jpg

IMG00292-20110405-2033-1.jpg

IMG00290-20110403-1211.jpg

May not be for everyone, but it does turn heads.....

^ Nice, it would catch my attention, that's for sure!

RX350, 2008, can't remember at the moment if we're the 2nd or 3rd owner, (I'm thinking 2nd)

$24300 + tax CAD, Auto Price Canada in Mississauga, (nice indoor showroom)

So far, about 2 months owned, no issues other than the wife accidentally pulling off passenger side vent adjuster, (easy fix, not sure how she pulled it off exactly)

No other fixes & I do most things myself @ home in our garage

Zero mods, but the wife would like to eventually keep the stock wheels/rubber for winter & get a set of "flashier" wheels...

I'm 29, but the RX is insured under my wife's name. She's 25 & pays $102/month, (group insurance)

Still need to post some pics of the Rexus, but it's Bamboo Pearl w/ tan leather and standard 6 spoke Lexus rims.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know of any sway bar or suspension upgrade for a 2001 RX300. Just tring to make it have less roll in turns. I have a 2001 rx300 solversport with 87000 miles.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I'm a new (?) driver- 9 months now :) I have a 2000 RX300 for my first car and I really don't know much about it except that it's used, bought a dealership. My concern is that I feel I'm not driving the car properly- as a new driver, at 60KM/h I don't know what a normal rpm would look like for example. I just learned recently about "O/D", I drive mainly around the city/Toronto, and my O/Dis always on( light is off, right?). Lately I noticed, I've been gassing a LOT more frequently. On the dashboard it says 24 mpg ( not entirely sure what that means. Sometimes when I'm low on gas- but before the "get gas now" light comes on- the car won't go for eventhough I'm stepping on the gas, then it's just shoot up a bit. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. Also, when I turn on the A/C, I feel the car becomes slightly heavy to drive. I got the car just this December 2011.

• 1 month later...

I have 04 RX330 bought in Sep/2003. Currently 67,000 miles with not much driving. Did oil changes regularly at Jiffy Lube with 5 to 6,000 miles interval. So far no major problem for 9 years excepts tire replacement. As the car ages, I am concerned about maintenance. What should I do tune-up or something else? Should I go to dealer to do it? Any comments is appreciated. Stevehl.

It's pretty much upto you if you wish to go to the dealer or not. I personally use the local Toyota dealer and i look for Online coupons so that I don't have to pay for the service (no complimentary loaner cars). Since you have only 67k on her the nearest major service would be the 75k service, which isn't doing much.

Have you actually done the every-60,000 mile service? As far as I am concerned it's the most important service requiring a total care. They replace most of your fluids, and you can change out the spark plugs and the spark plug wires.

Also, if you're car is indoor-garaged most of the time you can do each service slowly, but if it;s exposed to the elements I would recommend changing the belts and testing the battery as well as the other 60k service needs.

• 1 month later...

2001 RX300
- Paid $7875 w/86711 miles 12/06/12
- I am 4th owner
- Bought off eBay & picked up in Cypress,TX on 12/08/12

Had transmission & radiator flush in 2011? knock sensor (bank 2?) replaced summer 2012?

12/12 - fixed stuck rear passenger seatbelt, cleaned/replaced the #7470 servo DIY
12/12 - Chrome Trunk Emblems - $19 cabin filter $6 #7061 servo - $130 (all eBay)
12/12 - transmission filter/gasket @ ABC auto - $26 5qts Castrol IMV - $33 87,350 miles
12/12 - replaced windshield wiper blades #21 & #24 @Auto Parts Plus - $12
02/13 - P1130 (Bank 1, Sensor 1 O2 sensor) 91,241 miles

06/13 - P1135 (Bank 1, Sensor 1 A/F Sensor Malfunction) replaced O2 Sensor DIY @ ABC Auto $162 98,216

06/13 - front end alignment & left lower ball joint $156

08/13 - timing belt, water pump, a/c belt, power steering belt @Gaylands Auto $510 102,005

09/14 - P0440, P0441, P0446 (Evap System) - evap house disconnected behind air filter box 124,738

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with both of my RX300s. It seems like the idle is running low when the car is sitting in drive. When I put it in park, the idle goes up slightly and the vibration noise goes away. I'm sure there is a way to modify the car to fix the problem.

I have a 2001 rx300 with the same noise , drives me crazy . did you ever find out what it was ?

I have the same problem with both of my RX300s. It seems like the idle is running low when the car is sitting in drive. When I put it in park, the idle goes up slightly and the vibration noise goes away. I'm sure there is a way to modify the car to fix the problem.

any idea what the problem was ?

• 3 weeks later...

List your model, year: 1995 RX330

# of owners: 2 (I am the second owner)

price when bought and from where: $17,800 - Toyota Dealer (they got on a trade-in)

length of ownership and attributed problems and repair costs: Bought Jan 2013, dealer is repairing moisture problems with left front HID headlamp

Also mention where you had it fixed ( lexus, independent, midas or diy): Dealer

When it was done: In progress

Any mods done to the car and its costs: None

• 2 months later...

2001 RX 300 - 120,900 miles

1 previous owner

Purchased for $7,500 on April 13, 2013 from Arlington Hts Ford in Arlington Hts, IL

Only problems I've had in the past two weeks are: 1) antenna does not go up or down, the motor just whirrs and the antenna remains stationary; 2) vehicle pulled to the right while driving; 3) steering wheel makes a rubbing noise when turning

1) It seems we can purchase a replacement antenna off eBay for fairly cheap and fix it ourselves.

2) Brought my RX to D. Wells Goodyear Auto Center for an alignment. Turned out we had a tire with a broken belt and the other tires were pretty worn out as well. We had a feeling when we bought it that it was going to need new tires. $900 later, I have four new tires and can now actually let go of the steering wheel for a moment while driving without shooting into the right lane.

3) The rubbing noise is minor and cannot even hear if it the radio is on, so I don't know if we'll actually pursue trying to fix it.

I just ordered and received DVD Headrests yesterday. Plexon HD730 Series. Both headrests came with 2 wireless IR headphones, 2 wireless controllers and 2 wireless remotes. And the Beige color matches my interior perfectly. Unfortunately they came with NO installation instructions. That's what happens when you get a good price on them I guess. LOL Purchased off Amazon.com for $219. Hopefully we'll get them installed this coming weekend.

"If desired your age and insurance you pay." *gasp* My age?! ;) 39. Full coverage insurance came out to $409.39 (100/300 $250 ded) every six months with State Farm.

Link to my photo gallery with a few pix: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/1073-web-ravens-rx300/

There ya have it. :)

Impressive. Love the 6 month insurance price you're paying. Wish I had something similar. Two Lex'is and LM is saying, gatcha :censored: !!!

I didn't realize until adding the RX that my son was still on my insurance policy. He is 21 and no longer lives with me. After removing him from all of our vehicles, my insurance rates were literally half of what they used to be! Wish I had thought to call them a year ago when he moved out.

It's been just over 2 weeks now and I still love my "new" RX. We installed the new DVD/Game headrests on Sunday. The color matches perfectly and the install went very smoothly. Can't even tell they are aftermarket. :)

Happy Happy!

• 1 month later...

1999 RX300

200,000 miles

2 previous owners

Deal and Independent

Antenna Mast, new Windshield in last month

routine maintenance that I know of since 2010

Lock Actuators? Clicking noise from Glove box? Rough ride (sometimes shakes sounds like flat tire and then shakes super bad, I am the only one it has done that to ? shaking eases up as you slow down. If you pull over to side of road and shut car off completely and restart, shaking gone????)

Pics to come later

• 3 weeks later...

I have a lexus RX300 2000 reg and it seams to be lazy in changing up into overdrive and if I pull away quickly it won't change into top gear at all. Has anyone else had this problem and knows of a solution?

2004 RX 330 about 66,000. Purchased used in January. This could be user error, but recently I cannot control passenger windows from the driver side door. I've tried toggling the child-lock but no dice.

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

2001 RX 300

Help, my second Temp Servo has gone out and I need to replace it. Last time it cost me over $400.00 to have a shop do it. I went on line and found the part and saved about $30.00. Now I need to find out how hard is it to take the Glove Box off. The video looks to be simple to replace the servo but it does not show from start to finish.

Anyone done this and how hard am I talking to remove the glovebox so I can get to the Servo.

Thanks.

Racehorse593

It may be the control unit. Mine goes out every now and then. Before going and buying a new one, or used. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, take it out and clean it real good. Even spray wd40 down in it and get it all clean. Check all the contacts and make sure they are making contact and are not gunked up. Mine work much better, still have a few skips every now and then but I am going on 3 years of milking it along. Much better than spending the money, they are not cheap.

Good luck.

• 9 months later...

2002 RX300 127k miles

No mods that I'm aware of, everything looks factory, I'm beyond mechanically inclined(most of my family are mechanics as am I). Problem I'm having noticed it the other night, there's a hot smell and whine like cold PS pump coming from right handside behind headlight, I didn't see any fluids or leaks, dove it across town didn't go help it. It's a California car in Minnesota.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

There is no problem in my Wings West 1992-1995 Honda Civic 2Dr G5 Series Right Side Skirt. Just I want to buy new car by selleng existing one.I want to buy Lotus. Do you have an knowledge of its? Tell me some features abot it............