Tells Us About Your Car And Its Mods Or Problems

post-24700-1169405029_thumb.jpgpost-24700-1169405055_thumb.jpgpost-24700-1169405076_thumb.jpgpost-24700-1169405111_thumb.jpgMODEL: IS350 2006

PRICE: 55K LEXUS OF TACOMA AT FIFE

RECEIVED: 11/30/05

PROBLEMS: NAVIGATION SYSTEM WENT HAYWIRE (I had the Navigation System fixed but can now no longer perform the driving override for the navigation....anyone have the new overwrite information??)

MODIFICATIONS & COSTS: BODY KIT $2000 (Then it was taken to a body shop and made one piece with the front and rear bumpers) / FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER PAINTED TO MATCH BODY / CHROME WHEELS $1800 / TINTED WINDOWS $250 / JUST NOW WORKING ON HEADLIGHT SWAPS

post-24700-1169405095_thumb.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my 2007 IS250 from Newport Lexus, blk/blk. It is absolutely beautiful!

I drove about 300 miles yesterday (day after I got it) and haven't notice any chippping or weakness in the clearcoat while waxing the car today.

I used EagleOne Nano wax, after reading a great review on it.

If you intend on waxing your car to protect your paint, use this wax. It is absolutely fantastic. My car shines like a mirror. And wax comes off easy. The wax comes with wipe cloth. I suggest buying several of these clothes b/c one is not enough for wiping.

My car was in the showroom before I purchased it, and I noticed small scraches on the hood under the bright lights. But eagleone nano wax filled in the scratches and even up close, scratches are undetectible. Yes even under the sunlight. So if you have minor scratches on your paint, try this wax.

BTW, does NE one here know if they make performance chips (upgrades) for 2007 IS250? or a turbo kit?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought my 2001 IS 300 off of ebay and I just received the car two weeks ago. I can't drive the car yet because I am still waiting for the title to arrive so I can get it registered. The car looks to be in excellent shape and seems to run great. Carfax came back perfect and just a one owner..... I do notice though that when I start the car and let it idle it has exhaust smoke coming from the tail pipe (white smoke). Almost as if it's cold. The only thing is when I drive it the smoke goes away. Is this smoke???? or is this just from not being driven for awhile and its cold? You can smell the exhaust fumes too when your in the car... Anyone have this with there IS 300??? Also if there's anything else I should know or to look for .....can you please let me know. It is a 2001 automatic w/ 70,000 miles on it. Thanks!!!

post-41878-1177002317_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is having an issue with the dash creaking once in awhile. My car is also bone stock. Is anyone also having this issue? :blink:

MY 2007 IS250 AWD has the same problem with the rattle in the dash. I called Lexus today and made an appointment for them to come and get my car and they said that this is a known issue because there is an extra space in the dash that they have to fill. Just call them and have them fix it.

First Lexus, 2008 RX 350

Breakwater Blue/Black interior

Premium Package

1st owner, only had the car a few weeks

So far I love this vehicle! I do have a question, I turned the headlight switch to "off" but when I start the car, the lights come on and stay on until I turn the car off. Any advice would be helpful!

• 4 weeks later...

Curious if you're not concerned about either performance or handling, then why the 2 cars in this class...? The IS 250 is a better value if not concerned about highest performance, not that it's a slouch, the 350 is the way to go if performance is what you seek. The IS 250 has the same bells and whistles, for the most part, for a bit less.

BTW, does NE one here know if they make performance chips (upgrades) for 2007 IS250? or a turbo kit?

[Reply]

ya i was wondering the exact same thing? i just recently purchased a lexus IS 250 blk/blk and i am first going to tint my windows, but i was wondering if there was a good exhaust system for it because the noise all comes from the engine, none from the exhaust and a new system would help with the horsepower and torque as well??? or a performance chip?

let me know

[exhaust system? performance chip?] O and also would it look nice to chrome the rims?

• 3 weeks later...
First Lexus, 2008 RX 350

Breakwater Blue/Black interior

Premium Package

1st owner, only had the car a few weeks

So far I love this vehicle! I do have a question, I turned the headlight switch to "off" but when I start the car, the lights come on and stay on until I turn the car off. Any advice would be helpful!

I'd just uninstall the daytime runners. That's what I did and it looks really nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All:

For the past month I've exhausted my patience with Lexus in attempt to right the wrong they've saddled me with.

The bottom line is the engine in my new Lexus IS 350 was fried in an unfortunate and unavoidable collision with an animal. This happened on June 3rd of this year. Since then Lexus has identified that my engine is fried and the car won't, can't drive... Beyond that, well, they haven't done much.

Simply put it has taken them 30+ days to give me the run around, avoid me, not fix my car, not initiate the rebuild or replacement of a new engine for me and heaven forbid provide me with a loaner. All the while I continue to make my car and insurance payments for a car I'm not driving.

It's now been over a month since I last drove my car, unfortunately with no apparent end in sight.

Funny thing is, as I understand it, this how they treat guests in their home... or so says their covenant.

http://www.lexus.com/about/corporate/lexus_covenant.html

I've detailed my experiences here:

http://dontbuyalexus.blogspot.com/

I am not trying to post negative propaganda, just the facts in hopes of informing my fellow consumers.

Had I know I'd have to endure this I would have never purchased from Lexus.

2007 IS350

Purchased in March of this year

4,500 miles

That must be it. So I'm to assume those stay on all the time? No way to turn them off?

Some have been able to convince the dealer to disconnect them. I just wish they'd turn off when the car is in Park.

• 2 weeks later...

2006 IS 350 ,

$43K Superior Lexus, current mileage 23,700

Since 10/2007 usual maintenance except $1,100 for new Goodyear F1 tires

All maintenance done at Superior Lexus in Kansas City

Last maintenance $20K routine and to check alignment on advanced wearing of tires.

No modifications.

If desired your age and insurance you pay.

Problems

Have noticed an oscillating vibration that's quite noticeable at highway speeds ~ 75 - 85 mph that began insidiously at around 16K. This is especially noticeable on smooth roads. The cycles last about 2 seconds with 1 second of vibrations that could easily be assumed to be a tire out of balance but then dissipate for about a second then return.

Have replaced all 4 tires with the new Goodyear Eagle F1's without resolving the problem. Am wondering what else could be causing this. Have taken the car into the dealership and took a mechanic for a test ride who confirmed the vibration and said it was the tires. But now that the tires are replaced and alignment checked the vibraton is still present.

Have an appointment next week to have them take another look at the car. Am wondering whether there are any TSB's on this type of problem.

• 1 month later...
That must be it. So I'm to assume those stay on all the time? No way to turn them off?

Some have been able to convince the dealer to disconnect them. I just wish they'd turn off when the car is in Park.

There is a fuse that controls the DRL's. All you have to do is find that fuse and pull it. Worked great on my Civic. CHeck the owner's manual and find that fuse....

• 1 month later...

[Reply]

ya i was wondering the exact same thing? i just recently purchased a lexus IS 250 blk/blk and i am first going to tint my windows, but i was wondering if there was a good exhaust system for it because the noise all comes from the engine, none from the exhaust and a new system would help with the horsepower and torque as well??? or a performance chip?

let me know

[exhaust system? performance chip?] O and also would it look nice to chrome the rims?

There are a few exhausts systems out there...try greddy, tanabe, HKS, Megan Racing, etc... Add an intake, megan racing headers and you have done about all that is available for reasonable cost. LMS has a supercharger for the IS250 but its not on their website, don't remember the cost but it was expensive, maybe $4500.00 plus installation? Someone is going to do a reprograming module for it soon, maybe Jet or superchips may already have done one by now.

BTW, 2006 IS250 6sp MT Red/Blk 19 months ago and still love it. Mods include JIC Magics Coilovers, EBC Rotors and pads, 5Zigen ZR520 Wheels, Ings Body Kit, VIS Carbon Fiber hood and trunk lid, Greddy Exhaust, AEM Intake, Megan Racing Headers, Custom Sound System, HID conversions for the Headlights and fog lights, more mods to come....

2008 IS 250 (bought in september 13)

practically brand new (1000 more or less mileage)

lease, about 35k

no mods

Someone rammed the backside of my car, while backing out as I supsect, and drove off in a hurry leaving a broken reflector on the bottom left and some deep gashes in the surrounding area of the bumper. (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/johgum/Linkage/?action=view¤t=IMG_2722.jpg)

Options are to either to take it to auto body shop or the dealer, but I've heard dealerships aren't exactly the most honest places in the world. Any suggestions? Also, what will be estimated cost for repairs for either auto body shop and dealer?

I would reccoment NOT going though the dealership! My brother worked for Mazda and the stupid people there backed up into my old car (Celica) and messed up the rear bumper pretty good. Anyway, they said they would fix it, which took them about 2 month's to finally get around to doing. After they did the work, I had to take it back to them twice to get the to buff out some of the spot's they missed. I think I could have done a better job myself. I finally ended up selling the car with the bumper still not fixed to my likings, but whatever, someone else's problem now!! :P Another bad experience I had was when I bought the Celica brand new in 2002, I had the Action Package on it and we didn't notice until after we bought it, but it had a HUGE deep gash about a foot in length directly under the spoiler. The dealership said they would fix it (of course) and the only thing they did was sanded and buffed and put touch up paint on it, leaving it with no clear coating or anything, ew ... how icky ... so they did a horribly disgusting job! I will never take any vehicle I own for any type of body work to a dealership! They are known for doing sloppy work and over charge like crazy! Go to a reliable well-known body shop that does quality work! You won't be dissapointed! or however that's spelt, HeHe.

2008 IS 250 (bought in september 13)

practically brand new (1000 more or less mileage)

lease, about 35k

no mods

Someone rammed the backside of my car, while backing out as I supsect, and drove off in a hurry leaving a broken reflector on the bottom left and some deep gashes in the surrounding area of the bumper. (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/johgum/Linkage/?action=view¤t=IMG_2722.jpg)

Options are to either to take it to auto body shop or the dealer, but I've heard dealerships aren't exactly the most honest places in the world. Any suggestions? Also, what will be estimated cost for repairs for either auto body shop and dealer?

• 2 weeks later...

2007 IS250 AWD. Purchased new. 28 miles. From Lexus of Orlando in FL. From time I drove off the lot I had a hard pull to the left when I brake. Specifically, when I hit the brakes the steering wheel literally turns as much as a 1/4 turn, and the car tries to go left. It is always left. Took to dealer, included the description on every survey, wrote letters. With approx. 7200 miles, still isn't fixed. Problem is that the problem is intermittent. Have taken to dealer twice. They rotated the tires and cleaned the brakes. Unfortunately for me, I am an older woman, and therefore not a reliable witness. But I will not be ignored. I have not let up on my agitation. The dealer's next step is for me to see a factory tech when he comes in few weeks. Meanwhile, the problem has changed a bit. During the first 5000 miles or so it was a moderate left pull when I hit the brakes. Recently, however, I have had 3 distinct incidences when I was either slowing or stopping from a high rate of speed (say 50 or so), and the car literally fought with me to try to turn into the left lane. It happened today with my kids in the car. They are old enough to use bad language and DID.

Anyone have a similar problem or possible suggestions of things for Lexus to check. I believe that it imay be tied to the system that tries to stablize the car when stopping at high speeds.

• 2 weeks later...
List your model, year ,

# of owners ,

price when bought and from where

lenght of ownership and attributed problems and repair costs.

Also mention where you had it fixed ( lexus, independent, midas or diy).

When it was done.

Any mods done to the car and its costs.

If desired your age and insurance you pay.

If you have any picutes in the gallery put links in the post so we can have an idea about the car.

Please only post once and if you have a question either pm the member or make a new thread .

This will keep the page from being filled with excess.

I purchased by 2006 IS250 brand new from Sewell Lexus in Dallas, TX

It is fully loaded with ML/Nav/Camera, Pre-Collision/Radar Cruise, dealer window tinting

I purchased on 12/31/2006...

Unfortunately, this is not my first IS. I say this because I LOVED my 2004 IS300 that was fully paid off, unfortunately in November 2006 a presumably expert theft ring decided to visit my home where I had rarely parked my car on my rear driveway, bust the lock, clip the battery wires and expertly remove virtually every single valuable component from navigation system to every single airbag including those attached to the seat belts. They did not cut a single wire, all were detached at harnesses. So someone out there is driving their Lexus using my stolen parts...and my car was totalled out after just 3 years. Beyond that, I really enjoyed the styling of the IS300 more than the newer IS250 though the IS350 was overkill for me, but availability was very constrained and given the circumstances I had to replace it immediately. (The first IS was purchased at Park Place Lexus in Plano TX and my new 'internet sales' guy was RUDE plus they did not have inventory of an IS equipped with what I was looking for.

By comparison, I FAR prefer the older navigation system with joystick and buttons to my right rather than having to dirty up the screen with fingerprints. I also far prefer the navigation screen that pops up onto the dashboard so I feel in many respects that is a step back. My MPG improved from approx 15 to 23 so that was definitely a major improvement and while my wife does not trust it I absolutely love the radar cruise control and have achieved long trip MPG of 30.

Issues

1) One time the DVD changer jammed and I had to take the car in - was held for a week while waiting for replacement DVD changer. Service told me 'not to use CDs that I burned myself' (while that is explicitly supported)

2) One time the seat belts tightened (very tight) while driving on a side road over a tiny bump. I think it was the pre-collision system - scared my wife half to death because it was a death grip but for some reason it really didn't bother me much. Dealer looked at it and did not find issues.

3) Asked them to look into very premature 'squeaky brakes'. At first I was told replacement brakes would be avail this summer and would be installed free of charge - then I was told they would still do it but that the new brakes are not performance brakes and it will change the driving characteristics of the car.

4) I believe there was some sort of recall on the seat belt assembly.

5) This probably sounds stupid but I've never owned a luxury car that has wipers that scrape the windshield when being used - I have tried fancy wipers and also asked the dealer to replace the assembly. Irritating - this issue has been never resolved.

I do all warranty svc at Sewell Lexus where purchased and have had other service done at Davenport Motor Co. While I have had very little experience with them, just based on the small details I can tell not only are they incredibly honest and committed, but they will save me a great deal of $ on repairs without sacrificing on quality. For example, they identified certain defective items during a scheduled service interval that most dealers would still probably service, but instead of doing so they informed me it was covered under my factory warranty and directed me back to the dealer.

All in all, I miss my old IS300 and loved the color. I was forced to accept the rather generic silver because that was the only option in my configuration. In the future I don't think I would ever buy a car (esp at this price) without really loving the color.

• 4 weeks later...

I own a 06 lexus IS350 and its been a pain to find some wheels for this thing... i just got in a set in the other day and the break calipers in the front of the car rub agaist the wheel... i am bought these 1/4 inch spacers and they still rub on the wheel... im afraid if i go with a 1/2 inch spacer i wont get any threads for the lug nuts... but i need that 1/2 spacer... does anyone know where i can get longer wheel studs for the front... please let me know... thanks

MSN IM = mcorral6@hotmail.com

• 3 months later...

Yay for first posts.

2007 IS-250

X-Package and Luxury Package

I have had no issues with the car.

I have bought 2 10" JBL W3 series subs, a set of 18" staggered axis gravity wheels, and an upper and lower chrome mesh grille.

This car is very entertaining and I am glad that I can tell my car apart from all the others that I see now.

First one:

2007 IS350, Tungsten Pearl

Purchased July 2007 with Luxury Package, Nav, no ML Sound.

Multiple problems. Dealer could not fix. At 1,800 miles, car in for service for a total of 27 days. Finally figured out it was the ECU (electronic control unit). Allegedly "fixed" it after 27 days in service. When I got it back, car was averaging about 18 mph (highway) and about 13-14mph (city). Substantial reduction in power and increase in noise when it was "fixed". I didn't car to fix new problems because I made a Lemon Law claim (successfully).

Last week, exchange my '07 for:

2008, IS350, Starfire Pearl (black interior)

Same package as 2007.

So far, so good. MPG is better, power is back.

Experience with Lexus has been a disaster.

• 2 weeks later...