Tells Us About Your Car And Its Mods Or Problems

hi i own a japanese model JZS 161 1999 model twin turbo 3litre gs 300 , its absolutely free of maintainence, got a blitz exhaust ,TRD AIR FILTER+ TRD SPORTS THERMOSTAT ,TRD BRAKE PADS GROOVED BRAKE DISCS, TRD BRAKE LINES , LIGHT WEIGHT GREDDY PULLEYS , BLOW OFF VALVE HKS, looking to upgrade to new face of 07 model .is it possible?

hi i own a japanese model JZS 161 1999 model twin turbo 3litre gs 300 , its absolutely free of maintainence, got a blitz exhaust ,TRD AIR FILTER+ TRD SPORTS THERMOSTAT ,TRD BRAKE PADS GROOVED BRAKE DISCS, TRD BRAKE LINES , LIGHT WEIGHT GREDDY PULLEYS , BLOW OFF VALVE HKS, looking to upgrade to new face of 07 model .is it possible?

Just picked up a 1 owner Lexus certified 2004 GS 430.It is crystal white with ivory int.,factory chrome wheels and factory navigation.I purchased it from Chicago IL for $29000,under 18,000 miles.The car is completely stock.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen someone in Europe who rebuilds these. Does anyone in the USA?

1999 GS 300 - 1st and only owner

My GS has been a great car. Style still looks good on the road vs. 2004 models. 100,000 miles with normal repair. (belts - brakes) Handles well in snow for rear wheel drive. Only failure at 102,000 has been the brake booster pump which to my surprise was a +$2200 repair. I was able to find some used units; however, after having two ind. repair shops decline to install a used pump and planning on having another 3-4 years with the car. The decsion was easy to make.

Mine at 63000. Anyone know of a rebuilder?

The problem seems very common. Weird for a car with that reputation. Mine failed at 70K.

My GS has been a great car. Style still looks good on the road vs. 2004 models. 100,000 miles with normal repair. (belts - brakes) Handles well in snow for rear wheel drive. Only failure at 102,000 has been the brake booster pump which to my surprise was a +$2200 repair. I was able to find some used units; however, after having two ind. repair shops decline to install a used pump and planning on having another 3-4 years with the car. The decsion was easy to make.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Help? Anyone answer this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same year....my brake booster went out tooo.....can you give me some advice in where can i get a used one at....for less than $400 ....

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just bought a 2001 gs300 with 76000k. From the carfax it looks like i'm the forth owner but the first owner only had it for a month on lease before it was sold to the second owner. Doesn't make sense to me but oh well...

So far I've had it for a week and she drives great, but I'm planning on an oil change and possibly a transmission flush as well. I've also read about a differential fluids change, is that something that is necessary or just precautionary? Can anyone comment on Royal Purple? Been reading a lot of good things about it as well. If anyone in the Chicago area knows of a good mechanic I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks.

im 25 i have a black 2001 gs430 i just bought like 3 weeks ago,carfax shows im the 2nd actual owner but 3rd person on title........im coming from a 93 es300 i have had for almost 6 years now! 83450 miles on car.........replaced brakes 2 days after buying car (they went out), sunroof has a support arm i need, i broke speaker on dash for mark levinson actually just speaker trim,ran over a squirrel on the way home and it ripped my plastic liner in front of my tire off! other than that nothing........

future plans........

im thinking hks rs coilovers, some deep dish black spoked with chrome lips or all black rims..........havent decided on 19" or 20" yet..........a big break kit, and maybe a exhaust!

post-62320-1200368382_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1200368391_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1200368402_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1200368409_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1200368415_thumb.jpg

WOW, I don't even know where to begin. Hmmm, let's start with the fact that I will never buy an another GS, ever! Here's some of the problems my car is having @ this point. When the car's in park it makes a slight weird "rattle" sound, the temrerature buttons don't work, the passanger(front) door doesnt lock, so you have you slide over and move that 'tab' manually to lock, the front right light keeps on going out (I got *BLEEP*ed once,hit it and bada-bing! it started miracously working again untill it went out once again) and it doesn't even show me by the gages that it's out???? Then my favorite CD, which was stored in the glove compartment, fell in the fan or something. My buddy took it out, and now the fan makes a horrendous sound as if the thing wanted to take my head off! Then the leather is showing ALOT of wear, the paint has a billion swirls and once in a while the car jerks when stuck in traffic on slow seeds(when the car is pretty much idling?). Fortunetly for the car, it's been sitting in the garage for two months with out anyone driving it. We're having a hard time getting rid of it, and I don't wanna drive it :(

2001 Lexus GS 300

Forest Green(I think- it's so dark it looks black almost)

93K miles

I'm the second owner.

Please try to refer me some mechanic that can do a decent job on the car without robbing me!!

Hey. I have a 2002 is300. I have a check engine light on that shows that my oxygen sensor in bank one sensor two is out. I am having the hardest time figuring this out. I have been getting different information for tons of sources. They just can't seem to agree as to which sensor this is. Can anyone help me?

• 4 weeks later...

Will go get my 96 GS on the 8th :) . Think I have found a real gem. 41k miles, carfax and dealer verified. Only 2 repairs....CD's stuck in changer and serpentine belt changed at 40k miles. All service done at Lexus dealer. Paid over blue book ($10,950) but this low of miles and condition isn't in the book. Car is all stock driven by 90+ year old lady in Los Angeles. Looking forward to lowering a bit and adding some bigger rims and tires.

Appreciate the passion of some on the board. Hope to tap some of your knowlege soon. :)

MY GS300 rear passenger side window will only go down but not up. I tested the motor with the battery and it goes up. all My other windows work fine I dont now if it is a short or broken wire somewhere. has anyone ever have this problem, or does nayone have a wire diagram for the windows. I search the fuse bok and did not find anything that said window. Thanks in adance guys.

Hi all, just bought a 2001 gs300 with 76000k. From the carfax it looks like i'm the forth owner but the first owner only had it for a month on lease before it was sold to the second owner. Doesn't make sense to me but oh well...

So far I've had it for a week and she drives great, but I'm planning on an oil change and possibly a transmission flush as well. I've also read about a differential fluids change, is that something that is necessary or just precautionary? Can anyone comment on Royal Purple? Been reading a lot of good things about it as well. If anyone in the Chicago area knows of a good mechanic I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks.

Howdy Midnightrat,

Just got mine, a 1999 GS 400 ,last week orso. Tranny fliud was almost black. My tranny guy did the diferntal oil/fliud at same time for another 60$ total of $202. I figured if one fliud was old/neglected probably more was too. Also did a radiator flush,same old fluid. A little prevention= no killer bills ;) ;)

Kurtk

1999 GS 400

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked up a 1 owner Lexus certified 2004 GS 430.It is crystal white with ivory int.,factory chrome wheels and factory navigation.I purchased it from Chicago IL for $29000,under 18,000 miles.The car is completely stock.

I have the same year and model. Do you know how to bypass the Navigation system? I just upgrade my Nav system DVD to ver7.1

Ill be getting my 2000 GS 400 on monday(tomorrow). 2000 cash down and car was at $12,410 and about another $1600 hundred for 24k mile/2 year motor/tranny warranty.....it does have 139k on car/motor....all and all it is $16,000.... its clean inside out with a little damage to the rite rear quarter panel that is getting fixed thats y im not drivin it yet by dealer...... You guys think it was a good deal? Has some 17 after market rims that i dont like and no navi.......everything else seemed to be stock........ I slept on this car for 1 week b4 i went to buy it so i hope i made the rite choice. ill be posting pix soon. yeah im broke and could only get $2k to down.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have 1995 GS300 Touring Edition in mint condition all factory no Mods, never been crashed or flooded! 130K Miles

I will appreciate any advice here on this issue. I lost power in the display clock, the climate control cluster and stereo while driving home 2 days ago. I have power everywhere else and the engine is running fine. No warning lights are on on the instrument cluster.

I think I may have blown a fuse or a wire may have lossened/have gotten damaged. I looked in my lighter socket and saw a penny in there so i am wondering if I may have short circuited something or blown a fuse.

I saw that someone (T-rex) on here also experienced this same issue.

Can anyone on here please provide some insight, suggestions or solutions.

Thanks in advance,

Jay in NYC

• 4 weeks later...

I am the owner of a Lexus GS300 year 1991 that is presenting the following problem:

After starting engine and placing the transmission on “Drive” position, the car did not recognize the first gear and the engine slides without transferring power to the wheels.

Just after pushing the pedal more and some seconds later the car starts moving “slowly”.

Once and while, the “overdrive” light starts blinking on the panel without being switched.

If someone has detected similar problem with his vehicle please let me know.

Just bought a 2003 GS-430 last month. It is the nicest car I've owned. I traded a 1998 Honda Accord 4 door with 215,000 miles, faded paint and worn leather. The new car is loaded and very clean 64,xxx miles and runs like a champ. I am going to search for infomation here on engine and suspension upgrades, as I am unable to leave any of my toys even close to stock. Finally , a car I am proud of.

Hi guys!! New to club and new to Lexus in general. I must say I love my 2000 GS300. I only had it for a couple of weeks, It's antique mica bronze in color. Great shape and is definitely fun to drive. Funny story on how I acquired this car. My father is like the ultimate hustler. He always comes across rare types of situations. Prime example, his lady neighbor owned this Lexus for a few years, she then fell behind in her payments and the car was about to get repo'd. My father swooped in and paid her balance at the dealer who financed her - balance was like 6 grand!! I then traded him my 2001 Honda Accord Ex with 118,000 miles for this 2000 GS300 with 88,000!! I think it was a sweet deal!!! :D

After driving the Lexus GS300, I realized I have been missing out on life!!! The memory steering wheel feature has to be one of my favorite features!! Kind of freaked me out at first because I wasn't expecting it to move at all. This car is definitely fun to drive!! I wanted to know exactly what the 90k maintenance included and how much does it usually run??

Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading and posting more threads!!

Future

Hi all! This is my 2nd post, as I'm relatively new to this club. I bought my 2000 GS300 last year, and I love it! It had 83,000 miles on it (now 92,000). I probably spent around $1,500 so far. It still needs a few more repairs. Most of the repairs were done at a local Toyota dealership.

Repairs done:

- Replaced water pump and timing belt.

- Replaced idler tensioner pulley and drive belt

- Replaced air conditioner filter

- Replaced engine air filter (K&N filter)

- Replaced engine oil and oil filter as recommended (using Valvoline MaxLife Full Synthetic)

- Replaced tires a couple of months ago (Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S)

- Flushed transmission fluid less than 10,000 miles ago.

- Replaced rear brakes, surfaced rotors

It is past due for a 90,000 mile service, and I wanted your opinion whether the following items (as per local dealer) are worth $460:

- Inspect engine valve clearance

- Re-torque axle shaft flange bolts

- Replace brake fluid

- Replace engine coolant

- Inspect fuel lines & vapor system

- Inspect fuel tank cap gasket

- Inspect transmission fluid

- Inspect ball joints & dust covers

- Inspect body

- Inspect brake lines & hoses

- Inspect brake pads and rotors

- Inspect differential oil

- Inspect axle shaft boots

- Inspect exhaust pipes & mountings

- Inspect rack & pinion assembly

- Inspect steering linkage & boots

Thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I have a black 2000 GS 300 platinum series with a little over 127k miles on it. It was handed down to me from my dad since I needed a car to get to my summer job.

The only real issues we've had with it were two freak accidents, one where a rock broke one of the fog lamps and another when the sunroof blew out suddenly when my dad was on the highway. And there are a few exhaust brackets that have rusted and have started to rattle. Oh, and then there is the time the car slid off the highway on a patch of ice at 15 mph.

Over all I think it's a great car and I look to upgrade with an air intake and/or new exhaust.

I have a dark red 2001 GS 430 that I bought with only 36,000 miles on it. I paid $19,000 from a private party and I am the 2nd owner. It is a very sweet ride and I love everything about it. My question is I will need to replace the tires this fall and I am looking for suggestions. It currently has Eagle GT 255/55/16 +4 tires. I have seen mention of Toyo Proxies and Sumitomo HTR tires. I am looking for the best performance for the lowest price as I will be putting on 25,000 per year. Your thoughts?

Thanks!

Jamie