Tells Us About Your Car And Its Mods Or Problems

List your model, year ,

# of owners ,

price when bought and from where

lenght of ownership and attributed problems and repair costs.

Also mention where you had it fixed ( lexus, independent, midas or diy).

When it was done.

Any mods done to the car and its costs.

If desired your age and insurance you pay.

If you have any picutes in the gallery put links in the post so we can have an idea about the car.

Please only post once and if you have a question either pm the member or make a new thread .

This will keep the page from being filled with excess.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me be the first to reply to this being that everyone else are sitting on their fingers.. I have really nice GS.. And it has tons of problems right now.. I'll list what I can remember off hand.. First off my mainseal is leaking, my Precision Industries TC rattles when the car is in PARK or NEUTRAL.. The front bumper drags on the ground, the right headlight and right Foglight don't work anymore.. Oh, and the strobes in the right foglight doesn't work either.. The hood is alittle twisted, the front right quarter panel fell off somehow.. Also something is wrong with my rim, whenever I go try to put air in the tire it just leaks out.. I think my control arms are bent and I keep hearing a clicking sound up front, so maybe a coilover is busted.. One more thing, I don't know what's up with Lexus hoods either, for some reason mine bent alittle.. :( :( I'm sure if I thought harder I can come up with some more things, but now I'm depressed enough so I'll stop...:wacko: :D ;) Here check it out... This is my car....:whistles: :whistles:

Here's my car if you care to see my bucket of bolts....

post-1-1074928163.jpg

Hi All :D I have a Dark Red 93 lexus GS300, have had it about 4 months AND I LOVE IT :P

My GS is in excellent mechanical and physical shape.

Here is what I have done so far! Replaced the factory stereo and speakers with my own custom built kit, I may decide to sell the kit to others, as no one makes anything for this car!

I installed the kenwood 959 mp3 player in the dash with Sirius satellite radio and the kenwood 810 dvd/mp3 player in the trunk.

I replaced all speakers with 6.5 Rockfords, that took some custom work, but it looks great!

I installed a 12" DVC Audio Acoustik Sub in the rear deck

Lots of Dynomat!

PPI 4800 for front and rear mids and highs!

US Amps amp for the sub!

Bose center channel underneath the deck up front!

Rockford s120 to run the center channel

Epicenter for the bass

Carver center channel processor

It sounds awesome, I did it all myself, any stereo questions for the GS, I AM DA ONE TO ASK!

I also installed a Clifford RS3 remote start/alarm!

Next, I installed 20" BSA rims with 255/35/20 all the way around!

Tannabe cat back exhaust, a little loud but oh well!

I also added NGK Iridium plugs, new plug wires, cap and rotor and cleaned all the black gunk off the back of the throttle bodies. it runs hella better!

I bought a VENOM module , but don't know if I will use it, since I am going turbo!

My next project is going to be the FMAX ball bearing turbo kit!! Schweeet!

I am changing all fluids with AMSOIL and LUBEGARD amd MILITEC! I will let ya know if this stuff works!

I am also going to be adding the Cyber body kit!!!!

I don't wanna remember prices! :blink:

I am 32 yrs young :rolleyes:

NO PROBLEMS YET, I DO ALL THE WORK MYSELF!!!!!

I WILL TRY AND GET SOME PICS UP FOR ALL YOU CLOWNS!

• 1 month later...

I have a Black/ black GS 430

I don't have much yet just a Srt Intake and a O2 simulator. Which Im still trying to get it working properly. once I do that I will remove the catalytic corverter and see what Hp gains I will get.

Futere mods

Torque converter

borla exhaust

Supra 3.76 lsd

Nitrous 70hp wet SHOT

eventually I want to intall a supercharge kit or the new twin tubo kit from srt

the only problem I have is that the check engine light is still kicking in after the o2 simulator is installed.

but other than that everything is good

• 4 months later...

;)

'98 Drk Green/Gold Letters

145K miles, and still strong!

SRT Intake & ECU (BETTER Gas Mileage and better throttle response- YES really!!)

(Instake sounds great)

Infinity Kapas speakers & Crossovers in all doors

(2) Yes thats TWO 12" Rockford Dual Coil Subs in Sealed Trapazoid Box 2 Ohms (Box is a perfect fit in the back of the trunk once stock sub is pulled out, I still have crap load of trunk space)

600W Bazooka Amp for Subs (It Rocks, and bass stays INSIDE car)

Valvoline Full Synthetic Oil & K&N Filter

Yokahama Tires (They Stick!)

Probs:

-Rear Passenger struct makes noise over bumps (has for 3 yrs) still rides fine

-Loud sound from behind dash at random (not a friggin belt) it only occures once and a while, and is loud and high-pitched (no idea what it is doesnt correlate to engine RPM or vehical speed - has happened in park at start, and on freeway

-Wheels chrome peeling, causing tires to loss air

-vibration SOMETIMES as if wheels out of balance

-vibration SOMETIMES when braking at freeway speeds (cant figure it out, rotors are perfectly round and turned, still vibrates at braking)

Plan on doing the TC change this year, as well as re-building the tranny with new valve springs and tighter steels/frictions tomake it shift quicker.

Also want to do Turbo, but afraid of turbo failure (oil probs in other turbo)

No other problems, I love the car except the wheel vibrating.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found this forum. I am 47 year-old dad with '93 GS300 that I bought two summers ago in near mint condition. It now has 129,000 miles on it and needs new wheels (keep losing those locked hubs during maintenance); a new pwoer antennae and the ac compressor replaced. the wheels i will eventually get to; my question is are the aftermarket power antennae acceptable? and what is a reasonable price for rebuilding/replacing ac compressor? i don't mind doing the shopping as i am in the process of finding a reliable mechanic to do the work for me.

BTW I think about selling this car every once in a while but I get in and drive somewhere with the sunroof open or the music on and i forget that i am a social worker again. i love the power of this engine and the control i have in this car. vrrrroooooommmmmmm.

I am also interested in upgrading the music system to play MP3s if someone knows of a good kit or system i could look into.

Luke

I have a 1993 Lexus GS300 silver/grey. I bought it May of 04 with 120k miles on it, all maintence done through lexus with records (it was nice being able to check the car's history so painlessly on the internet). It was in excellent condition when i bought it, everything in perfect working condition, leather in great shape. I am the third owner, the first only drove it for 20k miles, and the middle-aged lady I bought it from had driven it for the last 100k miles with oil changes every 3k. I bought it a couple weeks before I turned 16 and got my license, had the windows tinted 20% all the way around and picked up a set of perfect condition Is300 wheels with a set of practically new kumho's for $450 shipped!! (a pretty good steal). Nothing has yet to go wrong with the car, and the most major repair that has been done is a window motor because the for sale sign accidentally got rolled down in it.

I bought the car for $6,000 while the blue book was around 8k. The performance is decent(on the highway esp., passes with ease), but the car is nothing but scary to drive fast around corners, the high revving motor spins the rear tires around corners with no problem at all, that combined with the fact that it weighs almost 4k lbs has scared me more than a few times.

the car was bought from an investment perspective, hoping to lose little to no value. It drives great, and anyways, you can hardly go wrong for $6,000 for a mint condition lexus, with one of the best toyota motor's (reliability, power holding ability, and overall potential) ever produced.

85586_.jpg

I have a Black/ black GS 430

I don't have much yet just a Srt Intake and a O2 simulator. Which Im still trying to get it working properly. once I do that I will remove the catalytic corverter and see what Hp gains I will get.

Futere mods

Torque converter

borla exhaust

Supra 3.76 lsd

Nitrous 70hp wet SHOT

eventually I want to intall a supercharge kit or the new twin tubo kit from srt

the only problem I have is that the check engine light is still kicking in after the o2 simulator is installed.

but other than that everything is good

lets see some pics homeslice ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm looking into buying a 1994 Lexus GS300 with 64,000 miles on it. It has some minor body work that needs to be done on the front of the car and a few other problems that I have listed below. The asking price is $10,000 and I'm trying to figure out whether to purchase.

I noted the following problems and would like to know estimated cost and where to take the Lexus to get fixed.

1. Front right side of the car is dented with Front light busted out due to car being run into something. The hood is slightly dented, but still closes. The lexus symbol is also slightly broken.

2. A small patch of clear coat on the passenger side door is peeling. Can this be fixed?

3. Inside the car there are a few cigarette burns above the driver side window. Can these be repaired?

4. The wood grain around the gear shift needs to be replaced. How much does this run?

Any estimates/guestimates would really help in my decision making to purchase the vehicle.

Thanks Everyone!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have 98 Gs 400 , black, tan, with borla exhaust. Super awesome car, best car I have ever owned. Only thing ever had to replace was the throttle body. I only run mobil 1 oil in it, and it has 96k on it. I also have a sony es mobile head unit with infinitys all the way around, 2 rockford amps , and a infinity 10 inch sub that hits pretty hard. I also have k40 radar with front and rear bumper sensors.

post-1-1093301563.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the owner of a 1993 GS 300 that rides great. I have had it for 3 years and it just broke 100,000 miles. However, I continuously keep having problems with my windows.

I have replaced switches, now I think the motors have gone out in the rear. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions, having a hard time finding replacement.

Hello

Here's a place that might can help you get parts they have recycled Lexus parts

so you can find it there.

Sports & Imports Inc.

Specializing In Mercedes, Lexus and Infiniti Recycled Parts

4658 South Old Peachtree Road

Norcross, GA 30071

800-831-8292

Mon-Fri 8 to 5 (EST)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

1999 GS 300 - 1st and only owner

My GS has been a great car. Style still looks good on the road vs. 2004 models. 100,000 miles with normal repair. (belts - brakes) Handles well in snow for rear wheel drive. Only failure at 102,000 has been the brake booster pump which to my surprise was a +$2200 repair. I was able to find some used units; however, after having two ind. repair shops decline to install a used pump and planning on having another 3-4 years with the car. The decsion was easy to make.

I own a Black 1999 GS 300 with silver trim and beige leather interior, only 40.000 miles on it.

I absolutely love my car. I have only owned it for a little over 2 years.

I have one problem now that maybe someone can help with....

I have custom woodfinish on my dash around the following... speedometer area, the radio, drive shaft area & cup holder and each of the vents for ac.

The glaze or clear finish on the woodwork is now lifting away on some corners and

has even melted and lifted away from the heat in the summer while I was away.

Is it true that all of these pieces come as a kit and I can have them replaced by someone that does custom work? ( I didnt have the initial work done, the car came with it)

where can I buy this kit.

while this is not a Lexus product, I cant get it repaired by the dealer.

Thanks

SexyGS3

• 1 month later...

My 2000 GS400 has 75000km on it (46900 miles) and runs great, except for a water infiltration on the left side pillar beam between the windshield and passenger door, i'll have to get it check. I've also noticed water infiltration the other day through the passenger's reading light, i'll have to get that checked out too, it's kinda odd for a car like that.

I know windshield was changed 2 years ago, so my guess it bad sealing around it.

Other than that i LOVE the car

• 4 weeks later...

I am the proud owner of a 1999 GS 400. I got it back in Septmber for my 20th birthday. It is in perfect shape, had 1 other owner besides me and been garage kept. For Christmas my grandparents got me a K&N airfilter that I just put on this morning.

Deifinetly notice a little bit of improvement especially during acceleration. This summer while I'm working I plan to save up and put on a cold~air intake and some type of exhaust. Nothing way loud, just something to serve up that juicy rumble that I know is in there :lol: Also possibly some new 18" rims as well.

So far no problems whatsoever, except that the local 55mph speed limit seems to alot slower than it used to. Below is a picture of my car the day I got it, will add more soon.

post-14926-1104381430_thumb.jpg

I have a 2003 GS 430. So far I have put a SRT Intake and piggy back computer. It has the Borla exhaust, which is really starting to sound good, don't get me wrong, it sounded good to start. Now that it has been on the car for a year or so, it seems to be a little louder, which is just fine. :D I just recently replace the factory rubber with a set of Kumho Ecsta MX, (255x45yr17). Nice and wide, and very sticky once they heat up. Had the car at 140mph and the ride was awsome!!!

Lots of fun jacken with the Mustang GT boys, leave them scratching thier heads when you run off a leave them. :D

just one Q?

why do you guys use piggyback computer when all you have is filter and exhaust?

Dennis

It changes spark, fuel delivery, and air flow. More fuel, more air = POWER! The numbers are 30HP and 40lbs of Tq. That brings the totals to 330HP & 365 Tq. Remember, its all about more air in with more fuel, and then getting it out...

more power!!!!

Did you notice an immediate and def. increase in power when you installed the srt intake and ecu? I've got a 2001 gs430 and am thinking about this mod.

just one Q?

why do you guys use piggyback computer when all you have is filter and exhaust?

Dennis

It changes spark, fuel delivery, and air flow. More fuel, more air = POWER! The numbers are 30HP and 40lbs of Tq. That brings the totals to 330HP & 365 Tq. Remember, its all about more air in with more fuel, and then getting it out...

more power!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
1999 GS 300  - 1st and only owner

My GS has been a great car.  Style still looks good on the road vs. 2004 models.  100,000 miles with normal repair. (belts - brakes)  Handles well in snow for rear wheel drive.  Only failure at 102,000 has been the brake booster pump which to my surprise was a +$2200 repair.  I was able to find some used units; however, after having two ind. repair shops decline to install a used pump and planning on having another 3-4 years with the car.  The decsion was easy to make.

same year....my brake booster went out tooo.....can you give me some advice in where can i get a used one at....for less than $400 ....

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 95 GS 300 Black, tan interior. Where do I began regarding the problems, compressor is gone, dealer is quoting 1500 to repair. Now there is excessive vibration while driving at approximately 40 mph. Also the driver side speakers are now blown and the trunk takes in water.

It is going to cost me a lot to repair these things at the dealer, does anyone know of a reputable tech in the Mass or RI area?. . . I really don't want to pay the dealer cost, and I really don't want to get rid of the car. .

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased my first Lexus, a black on black, 2001 GS430 with 40,500 miles on it. It is Lexus certified, with 5 spoke chrome wheels and a Mark L. stereo. Whats not to like about this car? I am 59 years young, but am still thinking about insatalling a Borla exhaust and some type of better intake. Nothing to far out for me, as I will keep most of it stock. Its just fun to drive the way it is. It was a one owner and always serviced at the local Lexus dealership. Hopefully all the good things I hear about Lexus are true, as far as reliability and value. I am starting a file on my GS430. I found a few 2001 road test articles and some other bits of information. The one thing I would like to find is a 2001 GS430 sales brochuer. Mostly just want it for the information and details about the 2001 model. If anyone has one laying around, and would like to find a good home for it, this is the place that needs one. Thanks alot

post-16288-1111128422_thumb.jpg