A Bet- Sc300 Ext. Color

OneHotLexus

I have a bet going on with my friend about SC300 exterior colors. So this is the dealio, he says that blue was a factory lexus SC300 color, but I dont think it is. I have never seen a blue SC on this website or anywhere. Well, except for aftermarket paint jobs. And I remember the dealer telling me paint colors when I bought it, and I don't remember him saying anything about blue, cuz I would have jumped on that!

So I say a blue SC300 (not 430) is an aftermarket paint job, he says its factory. Am I right? :huh: Please tell me I'm right!! :(

Any replies are greatly appreciated! (Especially if they prove that I'm am right!)

Thanks ya'll

I think I've seen a dark blue paint option in a Lexus broucher. Blue is definitely an option on Camrys and Corollas, so that option should be for the Lexus line. <_<

I'm going to keep looking until I can find something. . . if I can find something, I don't see why it is so hard for me to find this out- I've been looking for about an hour or so. I'll be seeing him tomorrow, so if he brings it up, I'll just make him a lil nervous (he really has no way of finding out cuz his enternet is down).

But if ya'll find out anything else please post it. Even if I'm proven wrong-I'm starting not to care as much about the bet, now I'm just really curious and I want to know if blue is a dang factory color! Anybody in this forum have a blue SC??

YES! i have seen a stock blue sc300, it was a light blue, very very very ugly. i almost bought it because it was so cheap and had very low miles on it, then i was going to get it painted, but then i found mine :) if i can find a pic ill post it.

this one can be argued

looks aftermarket or a dark green

this one claims to be a rare blue

this is the one i was talking about.... its called ice blue? i think its ugly as hell

another blue of some sort

look blue to you?

Another of the same blue color i have seen before, poor image quality

Another Blue?

this one kinda looks green

and another

and ANOTHER one of the same ugly blue, claiming Slate BLue

and this is what caffine and time does to you :wacko: and i havent even looked at the sc400s!

That royal Saphire blue could've come on the SC in '97-98 but could've been an extra cost option color that wasn't advertised. I was told years ago that the MKIV and JZZ rolled of the same assembly line, if this is true, it is more than likely their color options would nearly be the same. Other than the 2 Saphires in the pics here, I have never seen a blue SC. Even that Dolphin silver/blue thing.. Never in my life.. Dark blue I've seen on GS' but never an SC.

I don't know if this could be something, but did colors ever vary between the 300 and 400? Maybe he saw a 400 and couldn't tell the difference. I really don't know.. I'm not an OEM buff about stuff like this..

There were various blue depending on year of the model. I have a friend who had the first SC400 (‘92) with the midnight blue which has the darker shade. After that blue others followed in different shade. The bright blue (I call it Chevy blue) is also a original blue that it came out for few years but not very popular. Definitely the blue was an original color for SC but varies depending on the model year. Sorry dude, you loose the bet.

I just finished talking to my Lexus parts guy, and he says there were NO Official Blues offered from Lexus- years 91-99. According to them, Lexus offered Sapphire Green, but no Blue.

You've won your Bet.

Sorry it took me so long.

So what do we get out of this? ;)

Umm - royal sapphire pearl, the supra royal blue, was available in 1997 til 00. That navy blue I posted a picture of is a 1992 to 1994 model.

Yah, I asked him about those two colours, but they said it can be a Toyota Colour, but it wasn't offered by Lexus, although the two brands are linked.

It's kind of like the Hawaiian Soarer we saw earlier on the post. Had the same colour blue as the Toyota Supra you found on ebay or Autotrader.