2006 Rx 400h Awd

Hi all,

I recently purchased 2006 RX 400h AWD, Certified Pre-owned, and beginning to realize that the front wheels have a second or two delayed response (has little kick) when I step on the gas from stop position. I don't know if this is normal for hybrid / AWD. Has anybody ever experienced something similar to my concern? Thanks.

AJ.

Hi all,

I recently purchased 2006 RX 400h AWD, Certified Pre-owned, and beginning to realize that the front wheels have a second or two delayed response (has little kick) when I step on the gas from stop position. I don't know if this is normal for hybrid / AWD. Has anybody ever experienced something similar to my concern? Thanks.

AJ.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo i have a 2007 rx400h and there is no delay that i can detect - looks like dealer time for you -- mine is AWD

You might be feeling the initial battery-energized drivetrain movement, followed by assist from the gas engine. If this is the case, then yes, this is very normal.

Dave

You WILL become accustomed to it, as I believe richard4u has. I recommend having the energy distrubution screen displayed so you can see what is happening in real time. When the "delayed response" ends, you should see power from the engine flowing to the wheels.

dave