Foggy Headlights

alicias

sorry if this topic is elsewhere but i keep erroring out on my search ... anyway, how do i fix the condensation/water drop/fog on the headlights of my 93 sc400? or should i just leave it alone.

also, my front parking light is out. is it a real nightmare to fix - does the airbox have to come out, etc.?

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=ST&f=3&t=4965& - My post about clenaing the outside of the headlight.

If the condensation is on the inside:

"The Hot Water Trick: Remove all loose pieces, such as metal clips, rubber nozzles, and screws, from the headlight housing. Fill a bucket or tub, large enough to completely submerge the headlight housing, with simmering hot water or 190-degree tap water. You can wrap the headlight housing in three garbage bags to keep them dry or you can submerge them in the water bare. Hold the headlight housing under water for 15-20 minutes. Remove and begin prying away at the seals with a flat, non-sharp straight edge such as a butter knife, ruler, or flat-head screwdriver. Work quick as the adhesive is constantly cooling and hardening. Work around the entire housing prying open a wedge between the seal. Submerge in a fresh new batch of simmering hot water for another 15-20 minutes. Remove and repeat the prying process. Repeat this process as many times as it takes before you can get a solid finger grip in-between the cover and backing pieces. At this point you want to pry open with as much brute force as you can. Once you find a weak point on the housing, exploit this weak point and continue working a larger wedge in it. Once the two pieces seperate even slightly, the whole headlight housing will snap open with ease. Press the stray strands of adhesive back into the seal groove and do not get this adhesive dirty."

http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html

Front parking light is not a problem, just gotta twist out the bulb holder and remove it. (It's pretty damn long)

thanks. i guess i'll fix the parking light now and ignore the fog until it gets warmer.

If you don't drive your SC during winter, you could take the housing of the front cover. You could probably do it over a weekend.