Hi From New Sc400 Owner!

M.Rad.

Hi All! I recently purchased a 1997 SC400, metallic maroon color, 91,000mi. It runs beautifully, has great power and handling. I have been into BMWs mostly (own 85 635CSi, 95 540i, 91 850i) so this is my 1st Japanese car. The only problem it has is the condensation in the headlights, but this forum has already provided me with info on how to fix it. Thanks!

In fact, I admire almost everything about the car, except that phallic shifter! I e-mailed the people at WWW.Napolex.com but they say their line of LV-45x shift knobs dont fit my 97. Is there any other outfit selling an automatic shift knob with o/d for the '97?

Regards,

M.R.

Welcome to the club M.R. and congrats on the SC. :cheers: Almost bought a 635 in virtually mint condition but was late in offering a deposit. I think it was one of BMW's most elegant designs. How was yours? Did you have the replace any of the exhaust system? I can tell you one thing, the SC will give you a break from the cost of maintaining a bimmer! Oh yeah, one more thing, members here love pics, especially if it's a rare metallic maroon. About the Napolex shifter, thought I read a post showing one being installed. Just can't remember if it was on an SC. Do a search.

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I'm looking forward to a break from the constant BMW maintenance / repair routine. "Fine German Engineering" my butt! Although, I know all cars have their problems and I'm sure the SC will have some too. I must say it has the smoothest running motor I have ever experienced, especially at idle.

I did indeed find the car here in TX, which keeps me from having to worry about rust problems!

I searched the forum and found the thread that led me to the shift knob site, but they say theirs wont fit the 97.

BTW, what is the official Lexus name for the "maroon metallic" color?

Regards,

M.R.