Sc300 Fog Lite Bulb Replacement?

jerzyjim

Those are signal ligths that operate when you activate the turn signal (note that doesnt blink, and that won turn on with the emergency ligths)

As far as i know if want to use it like fog lamps, you migth investigate a little, there will be a switch that will activate permanently those ligths. once you have that solve, you migth want to change the lamps.

If you want to to make it more clear the cover, you can go to a bodyshop and tell them what you want. The will let you know that with 2 hands of a Clear (ask for high quality clear), you will get a almost clear cover.

That it's all i have in mind.

Omar.

jerzyjim, 94' Sc were equipped with cornering lights, it may not be burned out. They operate only with the turn signal, unless they were convert to fog lights?

My '97 SC has a headlite/fog lite switch on the steering column. If the fog lite switch is not turned on, then the same lamps become cornering lites. If it is turned on, they are driving/fog lites. My problem is that the passenger side does both functions, but the driver's side does neither! I'm trying to find out how to change the driver's side bulb.

thanx,

jim

jerzyjim, I was looking at your car model under your name it say you own a 94, must be a type o.

The way I had to change my foglight bulbs for my Sc400 '95

1. Take off the front tire's for easier access to foglight (optional), but makes it easier to gain access to fog light casing. Option 2 turn the wheel (left/right) so the front tire faces away from the front fender. unscrew 3 or 4 of the bolts of the fender splash guard to gain access to the fog light.

2. The fog light will be enclosed, with a circular plastic cap. I believe you turn it

counter clock-wise to open the casing. This will give you access to the bulb

and socket.

3. To separate the fog light wire wiggle and tug at the same time, until it jars loose.

*NOTE* disconnect the wire from the socket before you open the clasp. This

keeps the bulb in place and out of your way.

4. To open the clasp, I believe you push down and it will unfasten.

Hope this helps?

jerzyjim, I was looking at your car model under your name it say you own a 94, must be a type o.

The way I had to change my foglight bulbs for my Sc400 '95

1. Take off the front tire's for easier access to foglight (optional), but makes it easier to gain access to fog light casing. Option 2 turn the wheel (left/right) so the front tire faces out away from the front fender. unscrew 3 or 4 of the bolts of the fender splash guard to gain access to the fog light.

2. The fog light will be enclosed, with a circular plastic cap. I believe you turn it

counter clock-wise to open the casing. This will give you access to the bulb

and socket.

4. To separate the fog light wire wiggle and tug at the same time, until it jars loose.

*NOTE* disconnect the wire from the socket before you open the clasp. This

keeps the bulb in place and out of your way.

5. To open the clasp, I believe you push down and it will unfasten.

Hope this helps?

Thanx so very much.

Jim :)