Wiring Question

lexus400

I'm repairing the junction box behind the driver side headlight. It contains the relays which I think control both fans, maybe more.

I got a good used one from a junkyard (the original was crushed from the bumper support) and am splicing it in place.

My issue is that I have 2 solid blue and 3 white/red strip wires left over that are exactly the same. How do I figure out which one I splice to which?

Are they possibly universal power and ground?

I have the original box and can see where they terminate but I have no way to know how they correspond in the harness. I have a pic but the upload is not working right now.

thanks,

Bob

aren't the electric fans supposed to come when you first start the car and always when the A/C is turned on?

So, here's what I actually have:

3 wires that come out of the relay box, all white with red sripe. One wire coming FROM the harness with the same color wire. I have 12v with the car started on 2 of the wires (one at the box, one from the harness).

They're hot whether the A/C is on or not. I was expecting the fans to kick on when I hit the A/C but I'm not positive that they're working. The one on the right has a slight impact from the bumper bar. The relay box shows THREE fans???

Where is the 3rd one or is that for a different speed maybe?