Cleaning Behind Instrument Panel Plastic

acf

• 2 weeks later...

are you sure the spots are nehind it?sometimes it looks like its behind it but really its on the front.try a good plastic polish and rub it in real good and see if that gets rid of it.

if it really is behind it then its not that hard to take apart.just a few screws and then the whole cluster should come out.

My guess is its on the front like bbsal said. Silicone dash dressings stain the plastic pretty bad. Get some "Novus Plastic Cleaner" its a three step system. If you have a Container Store anywhere near you they have it there, or I think we sell it here at the detailing store. I doubt Novus #3 will be neccisary, just do #2 followed by #1 and see what you get.

Ok, thanks guys, they look like little water spots so I figured if I scraped/rubbed with my fingers that I would feel something or they would smear a little and didn't. Guess they actually could be on the outside.

armour all is great for making those stupid spots.

i had them on my grand prix years ago and my wifes sunfire has them as she occasionally cleans and found the junk somewhere in my garage,

I never use it anymore,but it comes frmo overspray that is not wiped and causes the plastic to blemish on the outside .I couldn;t figure it out either for a while.

meguires has a good plastic polish that is amazing use that and it should be gone.

The Novus is MUCH more effective than the Meguiars, the Megs isn't strong enough. I really reccomend the Meguiars.

The bad news is if its Armor All overspray you may not be able to remove it, you may have to replace the lens (not a real big deal). Armor All used to be silicone based, and it used to stain the hell out of optically clear plastic.

Actually, Armor All was reformulated a year or so ago, and its a great product now, water based. I use it on tires. Its not harmful like it used to be.