90k Service

Garret

A friend brother provided me a printout of the dealer services provided by a local Lexus Dealer (Phoenix AZ). It includes a comment (at 90K miles) 90000 MILE SERVICE NON WARRANTY - NON OEM . What would this service have included? I have 158K miles on my sweet running Pearl White 1993 LS 400 but am concerned about the timing belt. Is the timing belt the same as the serpentine belt?

Thanks,

AZdogg

Garret,

The Serpentine belt is the one belt you can SEE right behind the radiator. It runs off the crankshaft spindle and turns alt, a/c, p/s.

Your timing belt is hidden BEHIND the S. Belt and is more or less Attached to the engine. It is connected with the camshaft timing pulleys (L/R) and waterpump.

Both these belts are replaced on the 90k service.

If you have no records of the timing belt & water pump being replaced, then you certainly have gotten your Moneys Worth!! It is time!

Do you have a way of copying the Lexus 90k service printout? I would be interested in seeing it and compare to the Kansas City Area dealer. I have a 60K printout but I think it's more specific to the 95-2000 LS models.

Send me a PM if you wish.