Do Gs & Sc Rims Fit Ls400?

jjsoni1

So I just found out that my 20" rims will not fit my 98 lexus ls400! :( I was always under the impression that they would bolt right on. So the story is that I have a set of 20x8.5 (all around), that have been on 2 of my GS's (96 & 01), and my sc300 (97). I just recently put 2 new tires on my front rims, and came home and tried to put one on the4 front of the ls. The rims fit the lugs fine, but the wheel is having some type of interference with the brake assembly, so it will not turn smoothly. This will probably be the case for the back, but I have not tried. I am thinking (hoping!!!), that I will need spacers all the way around, but must go to a wheel shop to be certain. Has anybody dealt with this issue before? Please let me know your input if you have. By the way, HAPPY VETERANS DAY to all that have served our country. Thanks! :angry:

The LS has massive front brakes, (wide) and they get bigger by generation.

The offset is probably no great enough. The rears should be fine.

What kind of wheels??????

Pics???? B)

Thanks for your response. They are Lexani Crystals. For being on 4 different vehicles, they are definitely troopers! For myself, I think they look asewome still, and dont feel a need to get new ones, although I have been eyeing some Lowenharts. I'd rate em a 8.5/10, as I get all my cars regulary detailed. By the way jcrome, your car is tight....and always clean. I think I have seen you on the autopia site as well. Detail shop??? Right now I am going through a crash course on the fine techniques of auto detail, and learning that everybody has their own method of how it should be done! Too bad I live in CA and cant swing by to get it done at your place. Road trip? :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I've also had that same problem with my LS400. What you need is longer studs and a 20mm hubcentric wheel spacers for the front because of the brakes are so large. The rear you don't really need spacers ,but if you do choose to pick them up. Your car will ride better with out wheel vibration. Hope this helps out.

Hey I've also had that same problem with my LS400. What you need is longer studs and a 20mm hubcentric wheel spacers for the front because of the brakes are so large. The rear you don't really need spacers ,but if you do choose to pick them up. Your car will ride better with out wheel vibration. Hope this helps out.

Thanks Mr LEX! What size spacers did you use on the front & back? Also, what suize studs are needed for the front?

I have 20mm for my front wheels and 15mm for the rear wheels. Now the front Wheels has a finger wide gap. From the back of the rims to the brake with a 20mm spacer. Now a 15mm spacer might have worked for the front ,but I didn't want to chance it to rub. So I went with the 20mm. You can find these Spacer on Ebay for about $85 dollars a pair. Make sure you get Hubcentric spacers. Just type in (20MM WHEEL SPACERS ADAPTERS LEXUS) on Ebay and you will see what I'm talking about. I try other Types and got stuck on the side of the rode from 2 broken studs from NONHUBCENTRIC spacers . Let me know how it works out for you.