Cd Player Eject

bwallace2

Is there an eject button for the cd sleave in the 6 disc player that is in the glove box. Do you just push on the cd sleave to make it release? I think my cd sleave is stuck in the player and will not release to add or remove cd's. I hear a clicking noise ever time i close/open the cd door. A loud click like something is stuck in the player. I just had this serviced under the warrenty, but believe it may still be broken. The entire cd mechanism in the glove box seems to move if i push on anything belonging to the system. It feels like its not all screwed in. Does anyone elses seem to give a little if it is pushed?

What year is your GX? Do you still have the magazine or a CD Changer that you feed the CDs one by one??

Its a 2003 GX. We just picked the magazine up over the weekend after it was returned to the dealership from when they fixed it before. It had a disc in it and they had to get it out. So my girlfriend picked it up and put the magazine back in. It seems to still have issues though. I'm pretty sure she put it in right, because i can see the lexus label and the test is facing the right way on the magazine. It should not have any discs in the magazine now since it was put back in.

What year is your GX? Do you still have the magazine or a CD Changer that you feed the CDs one by one??

Its a 2003 GX. We just picked the magazine up over the weekend after it was returned to the dealership from when they fixed it before. It had a disc in it and they had to get it out. So my girlfriend picked it up and put the magazine back in. It seems to still have issues though. I'm pretty sure she put it in right, because i can see the lexus label and the test is facing the right way on the magazine. It should not have any discs in the magazine now since it was put back in.

Did you get back the old magazine or a new one? If you got back the old magazine, was there a sticker on it that said not to use? When cd changers are sent back to be repaired, they will take out the cds and send them back to the dealership, who should then mail it to the customer. They generally do NOT send back a magazine, new or old. The only time they send back the old magazine would be if the magazine is damaged and beyond repair, which they label as defective or damaged.

We got back the old magazine on Saturday. Thats interesting. They did not give us a magazine when they put in what i thought was a new unit when the repair was done. We left and noticed no magazine so we returned to the dealership about 5 min later and asked them why we did not have a magazine. They stated it was shipped off to get fixed and get the cds out or something and they would get it to us when it was returned. This all happened about a month ago or more. So they called the other day and told us they had recieved the magazine. They finally found the old magazine after looking for it and then brought us the cd a couple minutes after that. They didn't state a thing about the magazine being damaged and we just put it back in the changer because we did not get a magzine whey the initially changed it.

There are no new units. They are remanufactured units. New ones, if available are in the 4 figure range. If your changer was replaced due to a stuck cd, the most common issue, the whole unit is sent back for repair, including the magazine. Dealership can't break open the unit to retrieve the cds. Its all done at the repair facility and they have strict rules on what unit conditions must be to be accepted. Now you actually don't get your actual unit back. They send a rebuilt one. Your old one gets rebuilt and then put into the supply chain. Now the strange part is when they send the unit, it doesn't come with a magazine. Don't know why, but they never come with one. We usually provide the customer a new one, at no charge to the customer.

Like I said in the previous post, generally the magazines that come back are defective and/or damaged and they will labeled as defective or damaged.

gordonw

Thanks for the replies! They are very helpful. What is the actual process for ejecting the sleeve? is there a eject button or is the sleeve just supposed to be pushed in slightly to eject? I don't see a eject button where i'm looking. I'm guessing the sleeve is bad.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there an eject button for the cd sleave in the 6 disc player that is in the glove box. Do you just push on the cd sleave to make it release? I think my cd sleave is stuck in the player and will not release to add or remove cd's. I hear a clicking noise ever time i close/open the cd door. A loud click like something is stuck in the player. I just had this serviced under the warrenty, but believe it may still be broken. The entire cd mechanism in the glove box seems to move if i push on anything belonging to the system. It feels like its not all screwed in. Does anyone elses seem to give a little if it is pushed?

I recently had the same problem, I disconnected the battery and connected it again, then i opened the cd changer sliding door and the magazine ejected, try that. My changer when pushed also has play, i think it's normal.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue. The dealership just called and said the only solution was to purchase a replacement unit and quoted my $660. How did your issue get resolved. Did you have to replace the entire CD changer? If so, what did it cost you? Thx