Squeak From Brakes (sounds Like Rubber Squeaking)

DaveMcKenz

Hello,

My 92 sc400 has developed an odd symptom. When I take it out of park and put into reverse, when I release my foot from the brake I hear a squeak. It almost sounds like a rubber sneaker on the rubber brake pedal (I wish). It occurs going int drive or reverse but depends on applying and releasing of the brake pedal. This only happens at roughly zero miles per hour, never at any speed. The brakes are quiet and seem fine in all other ways. The squeak is definitely not pads or rotors, but sounds like something made of rubber is moving against something else.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave McKenzie

Hello,

My 92 sc400 has developed an odd symptom. When I take it out of park and put into reverse, when I release my foot from the brake I hear a squeak. It almost sounds like a rubber sneaker on the rubber brake pedal (I wish). It occurs going int drive or reverse but depends on applying and releasing of the brake pedal. This only happens at roughly zero miles per hour, never at any speed. The brakes are quiet and seem fine in all other ways. The squeak is definitely not pads or rotors, but sounds like something made of rubber is moving against something else.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave McKenzie

Could be cold pads releasing from cold rotors chirping, a squeaky joint in the throw of the pedal, or even the master cylinder being noisy. Since it only occurs at reverse like that (heard mine do it as well) Its probably the first of the three. Especially with my ceramic pads they tend to chirp on release when cold. Not uncommon at all.