Sign in to follow this  
K9crew

Faulty Volume Control On Nakamichi Fixed!

Recommended Posts

I've tried to find the name of the member to thank who suggested taking apart the volume control and cleaning it. I followed their advice and now the volume control knob works fine. Here's a bad picture of the volume control in pieces during cleaning.

volume_control.jpg

I cleaned the dark circular paths on the green part of the rheostat and I used a pencil eraser to clean the contact tips of the six "fingers" on the black ring. I made sure all the contacts were the same distance away from the ring (same plane) since they weren't after disassembly.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First I followed the instructions here ...

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexu...xusSC300Str.htm

... then I removed the volume-A/C control from the center console trim ring by removing three screws from the backside of the trim ring. Next step is to pry off the back plate of the voume control, then remove six small screws that hold in the green circuit board and rheostats shown in the picture above. Finally, pry the three retaining "clips" away from the white rheostat housing and you'll end up with the pieces shown in the picture.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this