Blower Speed Mystery Solved

If your AC/Heater Blower speed always runs 1) low or 2) high, see attachment for fix.

The most likely cause is the linear controller module for 1) , and the resister (resistor) for 2).

It is rarely the $850 electronics module in the dashboard.

This is poorly documented in the available publications and even Lexus service was confused and provided incorrect info.

I will be happy to provide info in pdf, but was not able to attach. If you tell me how, I will.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
If your AC/Heater Blower speed always runs 1) low or 2) high, see attachment for fix.

The most likely cause is the linear controller module for 1) , and the resister (resistor) for 2).

This is poorly documented in the available publications and even Lexus service was confused and provided incorrect info.

I will be happy to provide info in pdf, but was not able to attach. If you tell me how, I will.

I have a 91 ls400 and the blower only worked on high someone tole me to replace the resistor and i did and now it works on low and high but medium runs the same as low got any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 97 ES300 blower is always running at slowest (1) speed, can you please help and send over the PDF document to me? Thanks. Email: nyboy010@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

Blower motor on my 1998 ES 300 stopped working recently. If you could email me the pdf if would be much appreciated. Email is dennisrlane@excite.com. Thanks.

Blower motor on my 1998 ES 300 stopped working recently. If you could email me the pdf if would be much appreciated. Email is dennisrlane@excite.com. Thanks.

i have an 1997 es300 and would like this emailed to me thanks sugewyte@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

I have this same problem, blower only runs on high. It started after someone stole my stereo and so kindly cut all the wires to the AC control head. So I had to get the plug ends from a salvage yard and re-wire the whole mess, not to mention a new control head. Now the blower only works on high speed. Yes, it is wired correctly. However I did get it wrong the first time because there are several wires that are color coded the same. So I may have caused something to "burn" out. Anyway if you could send the file to me I will greatly appreciate it. marioanest@gmail.com

I too would like to get a copy of the pdf.... I have a vintage 93 ES300, and have no clue what has been repaired in the past except for the obvious evidence of someone being there before me...... stripped and missing hardware...LOL

thanks

Capnfred57@yahoo.com, if anyone has any other advice for a newbie lexus owner I would appreciate it.... if I figure anything out I will post it here. Also if you have not gotten it yet I strongly reccomend that you get the facory service manual... see the very first post on this board.

Capn

• 3 weeks later...

On my Lex LS400 '99, I recently replaced my Nakamichi head unit in the dash and now my a/c blower only operates on low, regardless of the display incl automatic. Can I get a copy of the PDF file referenced?

gb42@verizon.net Thank-you

• 1 month later...

I have this same problem, blower only runs on high. It started after someone stole my stereo and so kindly cut all the wires to the AC control head. So I had to get the plug ends from a salvage yard and re-wire the whole mess, not to mention a new control head. Now the blower only works on high speed. Yes, it is wired correctly. However I did get it wrong the first time because there are several wires that are color coded the same. So I may have caused something to "burn" out. Anyway if you could send the file to me I will greatly appreciate it. marioanest@gmail.com

Hi there,

I have the same problem, the blower runs on "low". Would you mind sending your PDF to me? My e-mail is erikcopeland@comcast.net.

Thank you!

Erik

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I have the same problem, the blower runs on "low". Would you mind sending your PDF to me? My e-mail is erikcopeland@comcast.net.

Thank you!

Erik

I wish I had found this months earlier, I have this same problem.

I have the same issue with the "LOW". The blower runs, but the speed doesn't change on AUTO or MANUAL changing of the speed. It is always a low speed. I changed the blower resistor, but it was not the case.

Can I get this PDF also? My email is mmart33@gmail.com.

Or if anyone else knows what to do, please let me know.

Thanks!

I have the same issue with the "LOW". The blower runs, but the speed doesn't change on AUTO or MANUAL changing of the speed. It is always a low speed. I changed the blower resistor, but it was not the case.

Thanks!

MAN, WISH I COULD HAVE READ THIS ONE SOONER...THIS KIND OF ISSUE IS ALWAYS THE RESISTOR...YOU CAN USUALLY FIND IT IN THE DASH...TRY UNDER THE PASSENGER SIDE.

Thanks!

MAN, WISH I COULD HAVE READ THIS ONE SOONER...THIS KIND OF ISSUE IS ALWAYS THE RESISTOR...YOU CAN USUALLY FIND IT IN THE DASH...TRY UNDER THE PASSENGER SIDE.

I tried the resistor. It didn't fix it. Going to look at the switch thos weekend.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Thank you!

Erik

I wish I had found this months earlier, I have this same problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I Have tried everything to fix my 1997 ES300 air control blower speed whatever and nothing works best thing to do is sell your car

Hi,

I just got my son a '98 ES300, and he is having all sorts of cabin heat problems. If anyone has this PDF please send me a copy. I'm sure it will save me a ton of time troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Hank

blower motor stopped working on my 97 es300. could you Email me the pdf it would help out a LOT....Email is lexus0239@sbcglobal.net

:lol: :o :huh:

have the same problem on my 97 es300 ...could you send me the pdf it would help out a lot....my Email is lexus0239@sbcglobal.net thanks

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem: the blower on my ’97 ES 300 blows only on low. My independent mechanic ran a diagnostic, checked the Lexus documentation, and told me that a ~$900.00 control module would need to be replaced. If there is a less-expensive option, I would very much appreciate the documentation. My e-mail address is: jfbcoun@aol.com.

Thanks,

John

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

i have replaced the resistor, now i am trying to replace the A/C Blower Motor Linear Controller but i cannot find a part number anywhere to order one or a place that sells is online. Please, if anyone knows any helpful information as to where i can get a A/C Blower Motor Linear Controller please e-mail me t david.malmed@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...