License Plate Lights How To Change The Bulbs

Latoilette

Hello.

I have electrical short, and i checked all the bulbs, but i couldn't find the problem.

a few days ago, i got a ticket from a state trooper stating that my license plate lights are off.

1995 es300

there are two bulbs (right and left of the license plate) and both of them are bad.

from this, i suspect that a fuse is blown. However, i couldn't find "license plate fuse" on my owner's manual. Can anyone tell me where i need to look?

also, can anyone tell me how to change the license plate bulbs? (i tried to take the whole tail light, but i am sure there's a simpler way. thank you.

There is no fuse, but it's not that strange that both are out. To replace em, just remove the taillights as you did before and the license plate bulbs are in there just like the rest; they've got a grayish white connector and you just twist it out and the bulbs come out with em. They're wedge type bulbs; your manual will tell you what number they are so you can replace em.

so i will have to remove the whole tail light out of the car?

and are you positive this isn't connected to a fuse?

what happen was this::: when i was installing my HID, i put one side backwards by mistake. i lined up red wires with wired vehicle wires..but it was the wrong side.

thanks